40 years ago today

The Centenary FA Cup Final...my Dad took me and it was my first visit to Wembley.

Spurs' equaliser through the freakish Tommy Hutch og was about 8 mins from end...gutted.

Thought it was quite fitting that Laporte got our winner in the League Cup Final with 8 mins left.

Went to the first game, not the replay, though. Right above the players' tunnel. Those cu, er, swines broke an 18 year old's heart back then. And I never thought we'd be waiting 30 bloody years to scratch that FA Cup itch.

Went to the first game, not the replay, though. Right above the players' tunnel. Those cu, er, swines broke an 18 year old's heart back then. And I never thought we'd be waiting 30 bloody years to scratch that FA Cup itch.
2 years before Yaya was even born :-(

Jack Charleton describing Shaun as the "little coloured boy" imagine the outcry in these days. Apparently Jack was rubbish at names so his players were known "the big fella" "the ginger one" etc etc

13 years old , could only get tickets for the replay. went on maynes with my dad from denton.it was my first ever visit to wembley and to be honest i was surprised how much of a shabby dump it was. we wernt favourites at all and many people didn’t rate our chances despite nearly getting a result on saturday. I remember the euphoria when kevin reeves but us ahead on about the hour with a penalty. i asked my dad how long was left he said about 20 minutes but everyone around us seemed to have an air of doubt. i remember tony galvin crossing from the wing for the equaliser and a black cloud seemed to descend, then what seemed immediately afterwards ricky villa scored the winner i just stood there on my own with my flag. just before the end tuesrt missed a good chance then that was it . the presentation with the cup shining under the spotlight on the royal box, the search for our coach and the exit from the car park with spurs fans pelting us and banging in the side of the coach.and being in total silence all the way home. all these years later all i can think about that final was about all the media hype involving spurs beforehand , we hardly seemed relevant at all just the team that was due to turn up and take our beating off the london meadia all star luvvies, but we nearly did it twice in fact .

Jack Charleton describing Shaun as the "little coloured boy" imagine the outcry in these days. Apparently Jack was rubbish at names so his players were known "the big fella" "the ginger one" etc etc
Think it was Dave Bennett he was referring to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.