47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jack's only just overcoming that fear after a season and a half then I kind of get it. He's had a lot of catching up to do in understanding how Pep wants him to play since he joined.

But Phil's been at City since he was a kid and in the first team for years, and he was direct and dynamic for a long time. I'm struggling to understand that he's suddenly started ignoring instructions or being overwhelmed with fear.
Or he’s been transitioning into the no.8 role as the Bernardo replacement, the position he’s played in recently.

Ridiculous to write off Foden , it was only three months ago he tore the Rags apart with a hat-trick , its been an odd season with the World Cup etc., and Pep will have the nous to get him fit & firing again and a long as he is prepared to listen he will be back to his best , just hope the nice fat contract and the non stop praise he as recieved over recent seasosn hasnt gone to his head. Maybe news of his demise is a little premature , form is temporary class is permanent.

Ridiculous to write off Foden , it was only three months ago he tore the Rags apart with a hat-trick , its been an odd season with the World Cup etc., and Pep will have the nous to get him fit & firing again and a long as he is prepared to listen he will be back to his best , just hope the nice fat contract and the non stop praise he as recieved over recent seasosn hasnt gone to his head. Maybe news of his demise is a little premature , form is temporary class is permanent.
There is a lot of knee jerk reactions. To say he will never be the same player again is ridiculous. All players have dips in form and they also have runs of good form, wasn't long ago we were all saying how well he was playing.

I think we forget sometimes that players are actually human, and are driven by emotion. Nobody knows what he's got going on in his personal life right now, and that's the same for all our playing staff.

How many people can honestly say they've never had a crap week at work because of something going on in their home lives, or are just not feeling 100% for whatever reason?

Foden is undoubtedly a fantastically talented footballer, and when firing on all cylinders he'd hard to keep out of the team.

Foden was our best wide player by a bloody mile at the start of the season.

One World Cup interrupting the season and a bit of bad form and people think he needs to shape up or his place at the club is in question or his career is in question.

Look at Mahrez at the start of the season. He was in the worst form of his life. He looked overweight (for him being a skinny man usually), he looked unfit, he looked like he’d lost his ability, his first touch was even off (and he’s got the best first touch I’ve ever seen in this sport) and I’d even go as far to say he looked disinterested.

Now Mahrez is currently the best winger at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.