47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really concerned about Phil.... It breaks my hear when someone isn't living up to his/her potential. Phil is still young and he may retire with multiple balon d'ors but right now something just isn't clicking. The truth is, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the players around his age in the premier league apart from our very own Erling. At his best, there is maybe only Mbappe ahead of him in his age bracket.

He is doing well 'career-wise', winning titles every season, individual awards, and also producing a somewhat decent G/A output. Even if he retires tomorrow, his career will have been a 'success'. However, there is still a mountain for him to climb in terms of his own footballing potential and showcasing it during the big moments: the derbys, the big ucl games, games vs the dippers etc. Every true city fan knows that his potential is balon d'or worthy. Maybe it's him being a City fan that's making me overestimate his potential, but it'll truly be a sad thing for football if this kid doesn't reach the heights he can.
In what way is he not living up to his potential if he is already one of the very best young players in the world?

In the excitement of the new signings it is easy to forget the continued development of our own Phil Foden, now potentially free of the 'burden' of playing up front, and let loose to exploit the spaces created by a top-tier front man, and to deliver the weapons for forwards to feast upon. Good luck, Phil.

Really concerned about Phil.... It breaks my hear when someone isn't living up to his/her potential. Phil is still young and he may retire with multiple balon d'ors but right now something just isn't clicking. The truth is, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the players around his age in the premier league apart from our very own Erling. At his best, there is maybe only Mbappe ahead of him in his age bracket.

He is doing well 'career-wise', winning titles every season, individual awards, and also producing a somewhat decent G/A output. Even if he retires tomorrow, his career will have been a 'success'. However, there is still a mountain for him to climb in terms of his own footballing potential and showcasing it during the big moments: the derbys, the big ucl games, games vs the dippers etc. Every true city fan knows that his potential is balon d'or worthy. Maybe it's him being a City fan that's making me overestimate his potential, but it'll truly be a sad thing for football if this kid doesn't reach the heights he can.
Give your head a wobble never read such rubbish bar haaland and mbappe tell me any player within a 5 year age bracket of phil out performing him

Don’t if you just posted this for a reaction?!

But this take is far from the truth he played out of position most of the season and was one of our best 11 last season if you look at stats something you haven’t done!

106D8F5D-00C0-44BA-821F-1E7793506447.gif

It breaks my heart to come on bluemoon and read some pointless trash post like this.

He's very young, has achieved a lot already, is nowhere near his prime and is learning all the time.

The kid's alright.

I can see Phil covering 8 and wings quite a lot this season, this could be a coming-of-age for him as he will continue to have even more responsibility on his shoulders now. The fact that he played so many games last season shows that Pep trusts him, he's can see him really clicking with Haaland.

In what way is he not living up to his potential if he is already one of the very best young players in the world?

In the excitement of the new signings it is easy to forget the continued development of our own Phil Foden, now potentially free of the 'burden' of playing up front, and let loose to exploit the spaces created by a top-tier front man, and to deliver the weapons for forwards to feast upon. Good luck, Phil.

I think that poster has over stated things somewhat but he did have a lot of quiet spells last year. I mentioned it a couple of times during the season. Its why he doesn't command a regular place for england(not that I care too much)

With more experience I'm sure this will change. On talent alone I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

His potential, atleast i believe, is to be 'the best', not 'one of'. Like I said, maybe it's him being a City fan and having watched him from a young age that's clouding my judgement. Maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.