47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

It was evident just how important he's been for us tonight.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when players must get their PFA POTY votes submitted? I can't remember where I saw something about the 30th of April. I know for a fact they don't wait until the very end of the season.

It was evident just how important he's been for us tonight.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when players must get their PFA POTY votes submitted? I can't remember where I saw something about the 30th of April. I know for a fact they don't wait until the very end of the season.

Declan Rice will get a million votes even if Arsenal blow their challenge.

Where was he on Sunday? Injured or rested?

Seems a strange one to rest our most important (right now) players given we’re at the business end.

Hope Foden wins POTY.

Rodri is arguably more deserving, but he stands no chance competing with Rice (for obvious reasons), so it will be great if Foden gets it. 24 non-penalty goals and 10+ assists is a fantastic achievement. Hope he will add more goals and assists before the end of the season. They are likely to be vital.

Hope Foden wins POTY.

Rodri is arguably more deserving, but he stands no chance competing with Rice (for obvious reasons), so it will be great if Foden gets it. 24 non-penalty goals and 10+ assists is a fantastic achievement. Hope he will add more goals and assists before the end of the season. They are likely to be vital.

The Rice hype continues and it will be interesting to see if the voting reflects that when Rodri is clearly 10 times the player.

Rice was bought in as a DM and has been so brilliant that Arsenal have ended up playing another DM to enable him to be more box to box, because he simply can't dictate a game.

Despite that, Rodri has scored 7 goals compared to 6 and they both have 8 assists. That's in 4 games fewer for Rodri. Goals conceded and clean sheets are broadly similar as well.

I'd love Foden to win it, and he's been brilliant but I still think Rodri is more deserving.

The Rice hype continues and it will be interesting to see if the voting reflects that when Rodri is clearly 10 times the player.

Rice was bought in as a DM and has been so brilliant that Arsenal have ended up playing another DM to enable him to be more box to box, because he simply can't dictate a game.

Despite that, Rodri has scored 7 goals compared to 6 and they both have 8 assists. That's in 4 games fewer for Rodri. Goals conceded and clean sheets are broadly similar as well.

I'd love Foden to win it, and he's been brilliant but I still think Rodri is more deserving.
As Rice is English, don't think Rodri will never get the upper hand in terms of recognition from the UK Media ?
Although Phil has been excellent for City this season, with remarkable stats, I don't think he has the full support of the Media.
Perhaps, this is because he is played on the wing for England, as Southgate wants Bellingham to play the more attacking central role (#10 ?).
So, Rice will probably get the Football Writers POTY award.
Think the Players' POTY could also go to an Arsenal player unfortunately, probably one of their centre backs ?

As Rice is English, don't think Rodri will never get the upper hand in terms of recognition from the UK Media ?
Although Phil has been excellent for City this season, with remarkable stats, I don't think he has the full support of the Media.
Perhaps, this is because he is played on the wing for England, as Southgate wants Bellingham to play the more attacking central role (#10 ?).
So, Rice will probably get the Football Writers POTY award.
Think the Players' POTY could also go to an Arsenal player unfortunately, probably one of their centre backs ?

I think Rodri gets a lot of praise, I don't think he's underrated. But I still feel there's a lack of awareness about Rice's role for Arsenal and his abilities. He's a brilliant box to box player, anticipating things on the front foot but he cannot play as a lone DM option. He cannot dictate play, he's not very good or comfortable at picking the ball up from the back and making a side tick. He's never done it for England and Arsenal have used Jorginho alongside him to help him flourish. My point is that Rodri does all of the things Rice can't, whilst also delivering more in the final third anyway.

Players tend to vote for the obvious candidate. But that person isn't really there this season. In an attacking sense Watkins, Saka, Palmer, Foden are probably the choices. Odegaard will be in the FWA list. Arsenal have a good CB pairing but not one standout player so they'll take votes from each other and I think Rodri probably edges Rice when players and the media vote.

I'm not sure when voting was done, and whether Phil's form has come too late. It probably pre-dates Liverpool's decline so Van Dijk will get votes as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.