5 academy kids in the team last night

Even when we were erm not very good, we still produced plenty of youths for the first team before the days of elite development. I remember Baconface asking: “Why do City have all the best youngsters?”
Now Chelsea are falling away a bit on that front, we are the best.

There is an element of doubt in this claim, as it includes John O'Shea who signed for United as a professional in 1998. However, I think they then put him into their academy. However, he signed as pro footballer. If this is the case then the claim is dubious.
I looked this up a few years ago in an attempt to prove it is nonsense.

O’Shea signed for United in 1999 and made his debut in 1999 as a professional.

Looking back through teams from the 2000’s his is the only one in the team, including bench, who I assume they are classing as a youth player. There’s no records showing he played for the youth team.

It’s a myth.

I read some praise of the rags youth set up and wondered who they have produced since 1992. Fletcher? Rashford. Hmmm…
Shaw?
Luke Shaw was just shy of 19 years old when he joined, he'd already played 60 first team games for Southampton by then so not even that lot could include him. I can't think of anyone offhand they've produced since then that have made any sort of mark (excluding domestic abusers).

Beckham
Giggs
Butt
Nevilles

None of these came through their youth set up, it was all a big con with broadcasters complicit in the lies.

Yes Mr Savage was quick to mention that it's been 4,364 games with a kid in the squad, even though it was City he was watching and 5 academy players at that.
could not believe the comments of savage , what a tosser waffling on about utd and the young players ect ect ect , while doing a city game. hope he got a bollocking.

we must have the best academy, was very good to see the youth players coming through and playing so well. Excellent work.

what we have done is on a far bigger scale than what united did in the 90s.

Was thinking about the best starting XI of City academy players you could make. Criteria is they have to have played at least 1 game for the EDS or below.

Trafford

Frimpong
Tosin
Eric Garcia
Angelino

Lavia
Lewis

Palmer
Foden
Sancho

Nmecha

Would probably be a very solid top 6 team in most leagues and the bench ain't half bad either, including Porro, Brahim Diaz, Harwood Bellis, Borges, Denayer, Callum & Tommy Doyle, McAtee, Gunn & Bazunu!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.