50 years ago .

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
New Years Day (January 1st) became a new official bank holiday in England and Wales.
( It was already a bank holiday in Scotland because of Hogmanay celebrations etc).
I started my working career in August 1972, and I remember having to go into work on January 1st 1973 in a bit of a sorry state.
I'd been to a New Year's Eve party and got well pissed and got home to my bed in the early hours of the morning.
And then up again at 8am ( with a splitting headache) to get from Middleton to Chadderton by 9am to do a days work.
Thank God the government of the day decided to see a bit of sense and give us all a day off.
I did exactly the same thing on December 31st 1973,but managed to lie in my bed until mid-day on January 1st 1974.

I went to Swindon away New Year’s Eve no clue what year but I’m sure it was New Year’s Eve.
Pulled up unbeknown outside GCHQ with no map just an atlas, we got a tap on the car window from some uniformed chaps who couldn’t talk without laughing.
True story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.