50 Years since Colin joined us

Big Swifty

I've just realised that we seem to have missed an important anniversary last week (unless it's on another forum) - last Wednesday (16th) was the 50th anniversary of Colin Bell putting pen to paper and signing for City. Last Saturday was the 50th anniversary of his debut (at Derby) and the day after tomorrow will be 50 yrs since his home debut, versus Everton in the Cup. How time flies.

Colin is now 70. To me he is forever young.

I've just realised that we seem to have missed an important anniversary last week (unless it's on another forum) - last Wednesday (16th) was the 50th anniversary of Colin Bell putting pen to paper and signing for City. Last Saturday was the 50th anniversary of his debut (at Derby) and the day after tomorrow will be 50 yrs since his home debut, versus Everton in the Cup. How time flies.

Sorry Big Swifty but Bells home debut was v Plymouth 2nd April,he didn't play in any of the Everton cup games he was cuptied.

Yes, apologies, xgorton, you're quite correct, his home debut was indeed v Plymouth. I'd carelessly assumed that City's next home match had included him - just shows you that you have to check everything before committing it to writing, or credibility flies out of the window.
An important lesson learnt by me.

Saw him play in his prime the only words to use are King Colin ,still not seen a player come anywhere near to be as complete a player,like Colin was in his prime and that includes our present squad

He was presented with a City shirt with 50 before the Kiev match when a lot of people were still not in their seats/

BT strangely managed to avoid it altogether, I believe.

Some how I cannot imagine that happening for a former UNited player in a televised match.

14nohti.jpg

Colin the King , blessed to have watched him from 66 onwards , would have walked into our team today . Ignored by the idiot media in his career , worshipped by blues fans from the time and still is.I ' ll drink a drink to Colin the King ,in 50 years watching Gods own Team he was and still is the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.