50th Aniversary First Div Champions 14 May

Not only did we play Bury (won 4-2) but Malcolm Allison came on as a sub. Great days. I got my Dad out of bed at 6-00 am to go to Newcastle, and it was worth it. Got home just in time to watch Sunderland stuff the Rags on Match of the Day.
Only 9 at the time, couldn’t go to Newcastle as I was on holiday with my Mum & Dad....I seem to remember we weren’t even the main game on MOTD that night...?

Yes that was the Newcastle end a few skirmishes that afternoon in the Leazers but we had control, the open end behind the other goal was called the Gallowgate.

Thanks for replying, did not know I had been in the Newcastle end, there were so many blues in there.
I think a lot of reports said we took over 20,000 to Newcastle.

Thanks for replying, did not know I had been in the Newcastle end, there were so many blues in there.
I think a lot of reports said we took over 20,000 to Newcastle.
And the rest.
I, too, was in the Leazes (correct speeling!) End that day with one or two other blues. As a mere 18 year old I paid full price to get in - the reason being that the queue for the kids turnstiles went down to the Gallowgate End and halfway back, whereas the grown up ones were only 50 yards long. Not a Geordie amongst them.
It's going to be an anticlimax to win this year - the first time for me it's not been on the last day (or kick) of the season. Am I bovvered?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.