52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

I thought he was ok but faded.

He was getting a bit of stick in the stand where I sit for perceived bottling a couple of 50/50’s.
Probably his worst position of the ones he’s likely to ever start in.He’s not suited to the left really but still showed his class. Definitely got the talent and footballing intelligence to make it here.

Proper player this kid, intelligent, ball retention, weight of pass, execution of pass, matches his teammates tempo, composure in the box. For me better option than Doku on the LW.

Both are better on the RW. Interesting that Pep plays them on the LW. We have signed Savio who also prefers the RW.

Last edited:
Proper player this kid, intelligent, ball retention, weight of pass, execution of pass, matches his teammates tempo, composure in the box. For me better option than Doku on the LW.

Agree..thought he was unfortunate to get subbed for Doku.

Brentford were tiring compared to the first half & after the goal thought he would have made more of the opportunities than Doku ended up with the spaces opening up.

He seems to have the right balance of skill & drive on the wing but was tough tonight with multiple bodies ahead of him.

It didn’t look effective but when you’ve got three to go past it’s always the best decision to pass & recycle the ball.

Perhaps still a bit raw with the final ball especially when he passed just behind Phil on the counter.

Agree..thought he was unfortunate to get subbed for Doku.

Brentford were tiring compared to the first half & after the goal thought he would have made more of the opportunities than Doku ended up with the spaces opening up.

He seems to have the right balance of skill & drive on the wing but was tough tonight with multiple bodies ahead of him.

It didn’t look effective but when you’ve got three to go past it’s always the best decision to pass & recycle the ball.

Perhaps still a bit raw with the final ball especially when he passed just behind Phil on the counter.
IMO, I think it was preplanned that Doku was coming on at the 60-minute mark or so.

I too thought that the pass to Phil was off on first watching, but after rewatching and hearing the TV commentary, I now think that Bobb put that pass exactly where he intended, expecting Foden to cut back.

A great 60-minute first start and nearly scored except for some off-the-line heroics.

When you think about Bobb, first thing comes to mind is that - he should be playing as a RW..

But that's not how Pep works. Remember Foden, Pep used to play him LW and once he made it there,
it was obvious that he could play anywhere..

Same applies to Bobb, if he makes as a LW, then we will have another great player like Foden.
Otherwise it will be a different scenario..

Hard task, yes, but if Foden made it, why not.

The first thing that strikes me about Bobb is his levelheadedness, he interviews so well he's going to be a leader.

On the pitch he has a lot to learn but judging by what I have seen of him he's got every chance to realise his potential.

Probably his worst position of the ones he’s likely to ever start in.He’s not suited to the left really but still showed his class. Definitely got the talent and footballing intelligence to make it here.
yeah weird that pep did not try to switch him and foden to get some luck

remind me that we forced Palmer to play left until the kid broke down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.