7in tablet mega deal at Carphone Warehouse

Rosler1985

Just been in Carphone Warehouse and ended up buying the brand new Galaxy Tab 3 for £79! Absolute bargain for a brilliant piece of kit. As I was walking out I found out they were doing the Nexus 7 for £99 so bought that as well for me. Saved me a fortune and well worth the cash.

Great shout Rosler, it is indeed a great piece of kit. Superb size as well, perfect for commuting and long train journeys!

wayne71 said:
How does spending 180 quid save you a fortune?

I've priced them up recently at £149 and £180 respectively and was going to buy them over the next month anyway.

£150ish saving is some very nice Barcelona spending money.

Rosler1985 said:
wayne71 said:
How does spending 180 quid save you a fortune?

I've priced them up recently at £149 and £180 respectively and was going to buy them over the next month anyway.

£150ish saving is some very nice Barcelona spending money.

Fair enough if you were buying them anyway. I bought the kids the galaxy tab 2 last xmas and they are still going strong.

Just to show how far tablet pricing has come, I have a Galaxy Tab 1 - bought it 3 years ago for £400. Still going strong though, the ultimate IT Swiss Army Knife

i got 2 galaxy tabs last year for my lads.....great tablet, but the one annoying thing is the issue with the fast charge on the charger stopping working after 6 months.

apparently this is an issue on a few forums i went on

shadygiz said:
i got 2 galaxy tabs last year for my lads.....great tablet, but the one annoying thing is the issue with the fast charge on the charger stopping working after 6 months.

Is it just a case of getting a new charger? Mine (Note 10.1) is taking much longer to charge up nowadays.

Seems to be running out quicker do could be batts as well I guess.

moomba said:
shadygiz said:

Is it just a case of getting a new charger? Mine (Note 10.1) is taking much longer to charge up nowadays.

Seems to be running out quicker do could be batts as well I guess.

my youngest lads charger just stopped working, no matter where we plug it in (pc, plug socket) it does not fast charge and wont show the charging icon on the screen.

however, if i plug it in my other lads charger, then it fast charges ok.

i thought it may be a charger issue, but on the forums, it seems this could be a software issue too, and tbf it did start happening after i did an update on the tablet

Wouldn't really call these great deals to be honest blue.

Nexus 7 (Old model) at £99 is to fair enough. It's an 18 month old device now so any remaining stock would be expected to be sold around this price point in Jan sales. In modern terms it's still an ok device but was already available at £119 in most places since September.

The Samsung really is shit to be honest. Its specs were out of date last year, and is blown away by the old Nexus 7, let alone the new range of models for 2013 i.e. 2nd gen Nexus (which is a class device and can be had online with 32gb for £179.99). If it was £59 then fair play, but I couldn't describe £79 as a mega deal myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.