8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute legend for the club. Thank you!

Might we'll see a few players leave now this big success has been achieved - it might feel like a natural break point, Gundo, Bernardo.

With the latest transfer rumors, I thought he'd end up staying.

However, he did say he wants to play somewhere where he sees himself retiring (or something to that effect), so going to Barca/Spain doesn't seem so odd to me.

Whatever happens, he's a City legend, and I hope he comes back one day.
If you play for Barca these days there is a chance that the contract you sign isn't the one they adhere to. Remember many Barcelona players in the not so distant past did not get paid.

There's a natural point at which a player has done his time at a club and for me this is it for Gundo, he's just won the treble and lifted the cups as club captain, with the UCL cup in the land of his fathers. Time for pastures new and it will also further his ambition to become a manager which I feel he has all the credentials to do so

That sure sounds like he's leaving... He's earned the right to do whatever the fuck he wants.

I see it differently. I think
that’s an encouraging sign. I have a feeling that him and Bernardo will want that feeling again, and again. Their best chance if that is at City..

Some rumours he might join Arsenal boils piss.
Barca sort of understand albeit I would hope he would have his salary delayed to learn a lesson .:)
but to Arsenal from City when City wants to keep him?

Would love him to stay another couple of years. It looks like he has got another good year or two in him.

That said, if he wants a new challenge before he's on the slide then I understand. He's a legend here, so I don't think anyone would begrudge him of going to Barca or somewhere.

Just please don't go to Arsenal or another side here. I'd be gutted.

Hope he stays but he's earned the right to move on if that's what he wants.

There's a better chance of me scoring a threesome with Scarlett Johannsen and Ana de Armas then him going to Arsenal, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.