8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most on here I really want him to stay but we need to be realistic. He’s 32 and he’s already said he’s not sure can keep up with pace of the Premier League week in week out.

I think our main priority is to get Foden established as our first choice in Gundo’s position and if Gundo is happy to stay and play less frequently even better.

If the plan was to release him all along then we could have at least signed Tielemans for free. This just feels like another move to make things easy for Barcelona.
Tielemens isn't the calibre of player we go after

The fact he was a freebie and he's going to Villa, no disrespect to them, even if the rest of the "top 6" aren't in great places is proof of his level

If the plan was to release him all along then we could have at least signed Tielemans for free. This just feels like another move to make things easy for Barcelona.
His contracts finished in what way does what we do make it easier for barcelona. It doesn't get easier.

His contracts finished in what way does what we do make it easier for barcelona. It doesn't get easier.
Correct. And technically / factually he is released from his contract from the club as it’s expired. If we want to keep him we will by offering him the longer contract we would all want in his position. The club player-data and medical staff will have had their input on his potential for ongoing longevity at top level.
If Gundo wants to leave on the highest high so be it, he’s a true legend.

Like most on here I really want him to stay but we need to be realistic. He’s 32 and he’s already said he’s not sure can keep up with pace of the Premier League week in week out.

I think our main priority is to get Foden established as our first choice in Gundo’s position and if Gundo is happy to stay and play less frequently even better.
As much as I'd hate to see him go I think you're right. We don't want to have to replace such an important player and position without Pep being here (if he decides to leave in a few years). I'd prefer we bought a young star (Wirtz, Gabri Vega, Bellingham or Mac Allister would have been great, etc) so Pep has time to get them to their potential before he leaves. The club may also prefer to keep him though, which I would be also happy with, sign a young star and transition over a few seasons.

Whatever Pep wants is good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.