8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

This is a terrible summary. If he's doing his job right, he's going to be largely anonymous, he's not in there to be flashy he's knitting our play together and he did it well if not brilliantly today. Two solid performances from him now after the arsenal disaster.
People used to say thes same about gundo

I know he’s not that old, but he seems like such a mature, old soul. Kind of boring (did you see the video this week - the most interesting thing about him is he drinks coffee), but not in bad way. He seems like humble, hard worker. I know everyone is done with players who only contribute to the atmosphere (Phillips), but I do think if Kova can manage some lower opposition games and give a solid 20 min in more competitive games, he’s doing his job. We need people like that who just get their head down, don’t complain about minutes, and are a good mentor.

This is a terrible summary. If he's doing his job right, he's going to be largely anonymous, he's not in there to be flashy he's knitting our play together and he did it well if not brilliantly today. Two solid performances from him now after the arsenal disaster.
He was anonymously poor. If there is such a thing. I definitely didn't enjoy him today.

Not sure the midfield signings have hit the spot from our normally high transfer performances. We now have Nunes, Kovacic and Lewis who seem to play best as a CM and are not particularly creative. When we are at our best we generally play Rodri + two creative midfielders. We have 3 players who play a position which at best we need 1 for a bit of variety in midfield options. Nothing to show that either Kova or Nunes can provide the cover to Rodri which Kalvin has been unable to

Not sure the midfield signings have hit the spot from our normally high transfer performances. We now have Nunes, Kovacic and Lewis who seem to play best as a CM and are not particularly creative. When we are at our best we generally play Rodri + two creative midfielders. We have 3 players who play a position which at best we need 1 for a bit of variety in midfield options. Nothing to show that either Kova or Nunes can provide the cover to Rodri which Kalvin has been unable to
We just won our last two PL games 3 -0 and 6-1 , pep used 2 different systems. Our tactics and squad are always evolving under pep . Lewis has been fantastic whenever he has got minutes he offers us something completely different. Nunes hasn’t shown much but is work in progress, Phillips won’t be with us much longer I reckon .

We just won our last two PL games 3 -0 and 6-1 , pep used 2 different systems. Our tactics and squad are always evolving under pep . Lewis has been fantastic whenever he has got minutes he offers us something completely different. Nunes hasn’t shown much but is work in progress, Phillips won’t be with us much longer I reckon .
I mean obviously we are an amazing team and well run club, so all my criticism is relative to those standards. I think it's valid to question Kova and Nunes signings particularly in the context of gundog leaving. I hope I'm proved wrong but neither of them looks defensively solid or offer enough going forward currently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.