9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets hope he is back to scoring vs Brighton.

all this media frenzy can backfire with the talk of him scoring 50 PL goals and can become top scorer by Christmas.

we need him to score a lot but also other to chip in a fair few.

Scared of Van Disney for some reason. Was the same in the Community Sheild.
He had an off day and is as entitled to do so as any other player. He had chances in both games but it just didn’t happen for him. I’m not having he is scared of VVD, in fact I’m not having he is scared of anyone. The guy is supremely confident in his own ability.

Had enough chances to score today. His heading is his weakest area which is why he goes with his feet even when the ball is 6 ft in the air. I don't buy all that scared of Van Dijk nonsense though. He still managed to peel off and get chances away, he wasn't invisible. The headed chance straight at Allison and then the one on his left which he should have scored but wasn't quite in the corner enough were the two standout which he'd have backed himself on.

Thought he was again by far our biggest goal threat yesterday especially first half. And the ball stuck to him well he bullied Gomez off the ball a few times and linked play well. Second half less effective but still had a good chance or 2. He can't score every game. But at the same time I think he's here to be the difference maker in games where a goal is hard to come by and yesterday he missed the mark. Lessons to be learned about being ruthless in the biggest games but he's still young. I can't wait for the return fixture.

I thought he struggled to make decent runs in this game, which is unusual. His hold up play was good but he was certainly well-marshalled, and perhaps one of the main issues was that the formation left Foden and De Bruyne too far from him. It's easy to defend against a single striker when there's no-one else to focus on. It's much harder when you've got Haaland, Foden and Grealish all making runs, with Gundogan or De Bruyne coming from deep too.

It's worth mentioning that he basically made our goal too until VAR decided to change the outcome of the game.

The chances were there for him. Stick a couple of them in and we're talking about a pretty classic Haaland performance yesterday. Just not his day in front of goal.

the system change didn't help anyone. the only thing I would criticize about his performance was the pass to foden, when he should have played it into his left but it came a bit short.

the system change didn't help anyone. the only thing I would criticize about his performance was the pass to foden, when he should have played it into his left but it came a bit short.

Well it is also part of the problem of system change isn't it? Erling is used to play with a right footer teammate on his left in his Dortmund days and here with Grealish...

Changing of the system in the toughest game of the season ... not a good idea...

Last edited:
Scared of Van Disney for some reason. Was the same in the Community Sheild.
I doubt he was scared, van dyke is a top CH, the best one he'll face this season.
Erling is still young and this season is a learning experience for him.
He had a few chances but nothing really clear cut and i thought he did well overall.
His best chance was the header but he was out wider than he would have liked and it ended up straight at the keeper. But his movement to create the space, the techinique and the power of the ball coming off his head was impressive.
This lad is brilliant and he's going to be even better next season and i can see him scoring some "worldies" for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.