9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Haaland is one of the best in the world. But the notion that because of him we won the treble is laughable. I gave facts, not opinions.

Fact 1: Having FA cup SF against either Chelsea or Liverpool is much harder than against Sheffield. I mention SF, because that match is normally sandwich between UCL QF or SF, meaning we normally play with a weaker team (and we did against Sheffield, but it is Sheffield).

Fact 2: We didn't play better against Inter than Chelsea in 2021. Both were our worst matches of the competition. The difference is Chelsea had Havertz scoring his goal while Inter had Lukaku making sure Inter didn't.

Fact 3: We were just as superior against Madrid in 21/22 as in 22/23. Actually, we were more dominant in Bernabeu in 21/22, we lost because of a miracle pretty much.

Fact 4: Haaland didn't have any effect on FA cup F or UCL SF and F. He probably was the least important player in those 3 matches. We would have won those 3 matches with or without Haaland.

My point wasn't Haaland is bad for the team and we are better without him. My point is that thinking the reason we won the treble was because of Haaland, and not because we were slightly luckier is laughable.
Haaland has an opportunity to step up against Arsenal, he’s brilliant but we need him to perform at his best in the closing of the season

He was making runs against Newcastle and we weren't giving him the ball...this is repeated most matches...our players seem averse to playing a simple ball over the top on occasions or just through the middle and in behind. No wonder he cut a frustrated figure
Only Kev does it. Not sure if the rest have got the ability (that's bullshit) or are strong enough mentally, who are willing to give the ball away to make a killer pass.

It's all down to Pep at the end of the day. If he instructs the players to take a chance and play through balls they will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.