9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

81 in less than 90 games. Some fans have very short memories.
As great as that output sounds, but we did not buy Haaland to score 5 goals passed Lutton or 5 passed Leipzig or the EPL teams.

Before Haaland we'd been to 2 UCL semis and a UCL final, so we've always known how to get to these stages, he was supposed to be the difference maker in these games of small margins.

People saying he wouldn’t be good for Madrid are daft, there counter style football would be absolutely ideal for him. With him having space to run into like Vinicius Jr does etc.. probably with us & Haaland he gets hardly any chance to run in behind the strikers with our slow progressive build up, up the pitch. We need to figure out how we can play to suit his game more

The way Liverpool play haaland would be exceptional. He needs space to get the best of him. If he is injured I’d play foden as false 9 with kdb in behind and doku and grealish on the wings. Actually think we would be a better side playing this way

Last year did work fine, this year without Gundogan and Mahrez and Pep not making the best of him its just bad
Even last year after the World Cup he wasn’t brilliant tbh. Didn’t really step up in any of the games going into the run in. I believe teams have worked him out a bit, rough him up and get tight to him and he really struggles. I just don’t think he is that good in our system

As great as that output sounds, but we did not buy Haaland to score 5 goals passed Lutton or 5 passed Leipzig or the EPL teams.

Before Haaland we'd been to 2 UCL semis and a UCL final, so we've always known how to get to these stages, he was supposed to be the difference maker in these games of small margins.
Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't. He can't win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.