9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Bollocks.
He hit the bar.
Pressed well.
He's clearly not fully fit and not in the best form.
If he fucked off some people might realise just how lucky we are to have him playing for us.
Dippers have Andy carrolls sister.
Rags have a lad who's scored about 4 goals.
Arsenal have Havertz or Jesus.

He looked out of his depth, not is.

It feels like we need a David Silva type player. Not someone to create the chances for Haaland directly, but someone who can create the chance for someone else to give Haaland the goals, especially from fairly central positions.

Nunes is the only non-KDB player we have I feel that has that kind of spark from that position, but there are no guarantees that he gets enough minutes to be practical in that sense. Maybe Lewis too, but it's the same issue.

Always seems to struggle against teams that sit deep cutting off the space for him to run into. Though his touch has been woeful of late.

Doesn't help when you have wide players intent on narrowing the pitch by passing sideways or back inside instead of stretching the defense and creating that space. And yes Grealish is one of the main culprits for that.

Can we not compare Aguero to Haaland. In 12/13 he scored against Real Madrid, scored the winner against United, equaliser against Liverpool, scored the first against Spurs and the winner against a good Chelsea team

Aguero turned up in the big games.

I'm not dissing Haaland, but a prime and fully fit Aguero would flourish in this team and bag a serious amount of goals. Not disrespecting the likes of Navas and Nolito or even the Milners and Barrys of this world but they wouldn't get in our starting 11. Aguero at his peak was generally playing with inferior players until the latter stages of his career when he'd obviously aged and become more injury prone. In 10 seasons with us he only managed over 30 EPL games on 4 occasions. Completely different players of course, but technically Aguero was far superior.

It isn't just this season that there were discussions about Erling's lack of involvement either. He managed to turn that around and hopefully it's the same again in the run in. The worrying thing for me is his body language. Last season he always seemed fired up, gesticulating to the crowd, scrapping for everything, on his toes and not on his heels etc. As others have eluded to I'm wondering whether he's carrying an injury.

Something doesn't seem right. I dont know if its mental or injury but he has games where he looks like a shadow of the guy from last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.