9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Go and research conversion rates. Every striker misses far more than they score.

Haaland had easily the best conversion rate in Europe last season but it was still only 30%.

If he can score from 1 in 3 chances, he’ll have another great season. At the moment he is scoring about 1 in 5, based on a small number of games. His last two games have been very detrimental to his conversion rate for this season.
I didn’t say chances. I said basic chances. Which is what he is missing now. I’m not here to bash haaland. He will score loads.
I just think he’s off it at the moment. I can’t believe it needs explaining, as it’s clear to see he hasn’t been finishing to his usual standards in a number of games this season. Not just the last 2 - Newcastle as well.

We focus so much on conversion rate, not enough on off-ball movement to be able to get those chances.

4_BORROWERSjpeg.jpg

He is a world class , and goal scoring is not the only thing he is contributing , his movement , positioning , creating chances and linking are exceptional.

28 big chances missed last year, 2nd highest was 22 with Rashford

Already sitting on 8 this season, which is quite a lot

So while he's phenomenal, he could and probably should be doing even better than he is

But its exciting that the guy can go a goal a game and still feel like he could be doing better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.