9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Surprised Pep subbed him with the game still in the balance.I’d have been amazed if we’d not managed to get him clean through again in the last 10 minutes when Bournemouth started really committing men forwards
Not just that, we kept going long. Without him it just kept coming straight back.

Thought he played quite well for the team despite his poor finishing

He was anonymous again . How the hell have we turned into a toothless misfiring outfit. The quality of balls into the box awful again. Every corner pinged into the keeper with no product again, We are so predicable.
Take your point in general but he wasn’t anonymous. His shot parried for the goal, through one on one with a shit right foot shot and a great tackle from being clean through again where the keeper ended up saving his shot.

He is what he is. Never gonna be a Harry Kane type complete footballer but i thought his hold up play was quite good today. He just needs to get back to being clinical and soon with so many big games coming up.

His hold up play was good, he wasnt anonymous.

He probably normally scores 1 of those chances, but none of them were really "clear cut" chances, more half chances.

Just hope he wasn’t injured because I’m not sure why he was taken off at 1-0, especially just after he had that shot. I know we were under the cosh a bit but Alavarez didn’t make much difference to that.

We got pretty much overrun in midfield for a lot of the second half.
Alvarez did nothing to change that. Least with Haaland on we had an out ball. Just invited more pressure and took away the chance for the likes of Foden to play him in when there was more space for him to use his pace late on

Not gonna lie I’m not liking what I’m seeing with big erling, some good hold up play but other than that offers nothing when he’s not scoring and missing sitters.
Yeh I know he’s still scored a lot this season and pulls defenders around etc and you can’t argue with that but last seasons energy and enthusiasm seem to have disappeared.
Victim of his own success I guess.
Hope he bangs in a few against the scum next week to get him smiling again.
The reduced energy and enthusiasm is frustrating me even more than the missed chances. When he joined he had so much desire to get on the end of everything. Even percentage balls were great balls because he’d make them great. But all that seems to have totally evaporated. At times he’s just moping around.

He was anonymous again . How the hell have we turned into a toothless misfiring outfit. The quality of balls into the box awful again. Every corner pinged into the keeper with no product again, We are so predicable.
Clearly you didn't see the game or you haven't got a clue about football. Erling created Foden's goal and held the ball up very well and made some nice passes keeping possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.