9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I’m very much enjoying seeing us bypassing the midfield and getting it into him early. We had become far too predictable with the slow, precise build up but against Bournemouth and tonight, we have seen what can happen if we hit him early. More please.
Tbh that’s just a man to man high press counter tactic. If we do that against 10 behind the ball, firstly Haaland doesn’t win the initial ball as he has 2 or 3 defenders on him. Then even if he did win it, we don’t win the 2nd ball due to the numbers the opponent has deep. It’s always nice when we get to see it but it’s not something we can do whenever we want. Our opponents effectively decide how we play, not Pep. We could potentially see it v Brighton as they are capable of going man to man against us, but nobody else will.

Tbh that’s just a man to man high press counter tactic. If we do that against 10 behind the ball, firstly Haaland doesn’t win the initial ball as he has 2 or 3 defenders on him. Then even if he did win it, we don’t win the 2nd ball due to the numbers the opponent has deep. It’s always nice when we get to see it but it’s not something we can do whenever we want. Our opponents effectively decide how we play, not Pep. We could potentially see it v Brighton as they are capable of going man to man against us, but nobody else will.
I don’t disagree and I’m not suggesting we become direct all the time. However, I think there is room for doing it at least once or twice against any opposition, if for no other reason than to add some unpredictability to our play and make the opposition actually think for a change.

I’m very much enjoying seeing us bypassing the midfield and getting it into him early. We had become far too predictable with the slow, precise build up but against Bournemouth and tonight, we have seen what can happen if we hit him early. More please.
Luton made that possible -most others will do the exact opposite,

Hopefully a sign of things to come as we near the end of the season. We need him to be in ultra robot mode.

Goal machine , converts so many of his chances not sure why people criticise him when he misses them , its a sign of a great striker to stay on side and get in the right positions and even if he does miss a couple he is back in the thick if things looking for the next opportunity. He's a predator and he feeds off centre backs who want to fight him.
Never seen a striker at his level anywhere or in any period in the sixty years ive been watching footy , Shearer in his pomp was probably the nearest.

Loved the one touch lay offs when we went long to him. He doesn't even have to hold it up (when he's being wrestled by centre halves) he just needs that 1 touch lay off and someone to support him, and then he can go again behind. Kev was right there to pick the layoffs 3 or 4 times. It gives us a new dimension

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.