9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He wasn't though.
He had a chance and van dyke did a good job in stopping him getting a shot away.
Never at any point was he 1 on 1 with the keeper.

You said he was never given a chance on goal, he got his shot off after going through. That is literally a chance on goal.

I was only reminding you it's no biggie:-)

Why do people always look to have a go at the player and never consider how the opposition were set up? I though Liverpool nullified his threat very well.
To be fair, at least in my case, I am not having a go at him, or even criticising his productivity, but am merely pointing out he was pretty clearly not fully fit. He was sluggish in the first half (both Kev and Foden were visibly frustrated with him not making runs on a number of occasions) and was barely moving or pressing in the second half.

That run at Van Dijk made it pretty obvious.

Fully fit Haaland knocks it past the defender about two or three touches earlier and just drives past Van Dijk, giving him the choice of getting sent off or likely letting Haaland score.

Sluggish Erling knew he didn’t have the power to do it, so tried to dribble Van Dijk in to making a tackle, which was always unlikely, given they both have a pretty wide turning radius, so the threat was diving in, not staying on his feet.

We all know he’s a goal scoring machine but he needs to work on other facets of his game. He’s been completely anonymous in a lot of games this season.

It couldn’t be more obvious that he’s completely unfit. So many of his goals come from being alive in and around the box but since coming back from injury he’s completely on his heels. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear he is taking injections to get through the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.