9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I wish he’d come deeper and get involved, he’d improve his overall game a lot more just by getting the experience of doing it.
He will never be that kind of player, but he needs to take a page of Osimhen's book: hustle more, go for every header in the box and just constantly make runs in the final third, even when they are not in the direction of the goal but just stretching the game towards the sides and conquering space.

In short more movement and effort, which shouldn't be too hard for him considering the specimen he is.

He will never be that kind of player, but he needs to take a page of Osimhen's book: hustle more, go for every header in the box and just constantly make runs in the final third, even when they are not in the direction of the goal but just stretching the game towards the sides and conquering space.

In short more movement and effort, which shouldn't be too hard for him considering the specimen he is.
Yep, I feel like he could be even better if he became a nuisance. Make himself a nightmare for defenders, using his strength to shit them up.

I think Erling is one of those players that gets a free pass because of his scoring exploits so far, but in these big matches he has to do so much more. Barely troubled an inexperienced 21 yo centre half, infact he may as well not have been on the pitch such was his lack of presence

I think Erling is one of those players that gets a free pass because of his scoring exploits so far, but in these big matches he has to do so much more. Barely troubled an inexperienced 21 yo centre half, infact he may as well not have been on the pitch such was his lack of presence
Which is exactly what Pep had to instill in Sergio - i.e. defend from the front.

He had a brilliant freak season last year. He's still scored a lot of goals this season but has been a long way off what would be considered his 'usual' game.
As I see it, there's been a significant drop in effort on his part this season, and he looks no more than a 'stat padder' in big games.
I'm not impressed with him at all this season... Kun Aguero he certainly ain't.

Of course he isn't, doing what he did last season, other teams have analysis, and coaches to counter him. What he's got to learn is to adapt his game to counter that. He's young still and he'll get better, but for now he's doing just fine.

Absolute passenger yesterday and there was an argument to pull him and put Alvarez up front. The problem with him is he's either 9/10 or bloody 3/10 and more often it's the latter. In cricket they have a term called 'Flat Track Bully', and I can't think of a footballing analogy more suited to him.

Absolute passenger yesterday and there was an argument to pull him and put Alvarez up front. The problem with him is he's either 9/10 or bloody 3/10 and more often it's the latter. In cricket they have a term called 'Flat Track Bully', and I can't think of a footballing analogy more suited to him.
Christ , we really do need to get better fans

Very Graeme Hick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.