9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Accept the fact that City signed the best striker in the world for peanuts, and last year he helped us win a treble and has us within a shout of repeating it this year, and you’ll be a lot happier.
This is a massive discredit to our entire team. Foden and Rodri especially - they've been far more instrumental to us being able to potentially repeat the treble.

I like Haaland and rate him but he hasn't had a very good season by his standards. Lots of missed chances that you'd expect a striker of his caliber to put away. We'd be in a very similar place if Alvarez were starting over him.

That's, what, 37 G/A in 38 games? During a relatively under-par season by his standards? The guy's a freak.

I think both Pep and Haaland know he is having a very average season, and that's why he has to play against Luton to get some confidence back. He played decent, a little more involvement, some good runs, a little better pressing.

It's Luton, but he has to regain confidence against easier opponents first.

Yes, we paid his release clause, but he's undeniably one of the highest-paid players in the world in terms of wages.
Yep. You tend to find that the greatest players in the world in their position are also amongst the highest earners.
As it should be.
And before you bore me to death by asking if I think he’s really one of the best strikers in the world, yes. Yes I do.
So does Pep. So does every single solitary top team in the world. And if you think that’s not the case, who wouldn’t want the chance to sign him if he ever came up for transfer?
Why do Madrid, Barca, and a host of others want a Troy Deeney-lite ‘stat-padder’?

What do you know that they’ve missed?

We’re not a team made up of shit journeymen anymore. Okay, that comes at a price. The price being that as fans we can no longer bask in the warm light of coolness at being so loyal to a shit team.
I love that and embrace it.
As I love and embrace having big Erl at our club.

Any top team in the world would have him off us quick smart. That should tell you and all the other boo boys something.

This is a massive discredit to our entire team. Foden and Rodri especially - they've been far more instrumental to us being able to potentially repeat the treble.

I like Haaland and rate him but he hasn't had a very good season by his standards. Lots of missed chances that you'd expect a striker of his caliber to put away. We'd be in a very similar place if Alvarez were starting over him.
What?

Are you saying that his goals haven’t helped us to be within a shout of repeating last years treble?

Weird.

World class strikery from big Earl today to use the face of the defender to score a goal.

Can't be arsed reading the rest of the posts today, are people still calling him shit?

How much would you expect to get for him if he was transferred? If you’re answer is more than £100m, and it absolutely should be, then why would a huge club (and believe me, if he ever leaves it will only be to a huge club) spend >£100m on a player who doesn’t perform in big games?
Or do you think he is overrated in which case what would you expect to get for him? £20m?, £30m?
I’m not sure if this applies to you personally, I don’t follow individual posters post history, but there are a sizeable minority of online “City fans” who have never, and will never, forgive(n) the club for signing the best striker in the world. Its like they have to claim back all their ‘cool kid, I see things about this game that mere mortals miss’ points in order to make themselves feel better.

Accept the fact that City signed the best striker in the world for peanuts, and last year he helped us win a treble and has us within a shout of repeating it this year, and you’ll be a lot happier.

Overreacting a bit there mate.

Haaland has most definitely underperformed up to now this season.

Whether through injury, lack of supply, loss of confidence or whatever, the fact is that he's currently battling with mere mortals for the Golden Boot this season.

He'll be back scoring for fun again. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

How much would you expect to get for him if he was transferred? If you’re answer is more than £100m, and it absolutely should be, then why would a huge club (and believe me, if he ever leaves it will only be to a huge club) spend >£100m on a player who doesn’t perform in big games?
Or do you think he is overrated in which case what would you expect to get for him? £20m?, £30m?
I’m not sure if this applies to you personally, I don’t follow individual posters post history, but there are a sizeable minority of online “City fans” who have never, and will never, forgive(n) the club for signing the best striker in the world. Its like they have to claim back all their ‘cool kid, I see things about this game that mere mortals miss’ points in order to make themselves feel better.

I certainly don’t want him to be transferred, nor have I ever suggested anything of the sort.

So none of that applies to me. And I’m certainly not an “online city fan”.

He's having a "poor" season by his high standards, and today again had 2 good chances that he'd have gobbled up last season. Don't see the harm in saying that, I imagine he'd say similar himself, often looks a bit frustrated with himself of late.

It's easy to point at his G/A and say they're impressive, which of course they are, but it's also worth looking at who those have come against.

Against top 6 sides this season (12 games including cups) he's gotten 1 goal. And only 1 goal of our 9 in the CL KO's have come from him so far.

Coming to the crunch time in the season now we need him to step up with some important goals to end the season on a high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.