9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Any idiot could write that.

Yep. You tend to find that the greatest players in the world in their position are also amongst the highest earners.
As it should be.
And before you bore me to death by asking if I think he’s really one of the best strikers in the world, yes. Yes I do.
So does Pep. So does every single solitary top team in the world. And if you think that’s not the case, who wouldn’t want the chance to sign him if he ever came up for transfer?
Why do Madrid, Barca, and a host of others want a Troy Deeney-lite ‘stat-padder’?

What do you know that they’ve missed?

We’re not a team made up of shit journeymen anymore. Okay, that comes at a price. The price being that as fans we can no longer bask in the warm light of coolness at being so loyal to a shit team.
I love that and embrace it.
As I love and embrace having big Erl at our club.

Any top team in the world would have him off us quick smart. That should tell you and all the other boo boys something.
Thought he did well today and all the top teams want him because they now can see his strengths and weakness . He will finish top scorer with ease again and he has had a bad season but a striker is paid to score goals and that is what he does . Puskas did fuck all but score goals and it didn’t work out bad for him .

I was pleased with his performance today.

He played with a smile on his face and had much more involvement than in previous games. He’s warming up and I can sense a big game from him against Madrid.

No I’m not. He could score 7 against Luton but that wouldn’t be my point at all. You aren’t all that bright are you?

My point is around the big games and his return in these. His goal return in general is undeniable. Do you think he will look at his return in big games and be please - spoiler alert, he won’t.
Get a grip

It was a nothing performance so I'm surprised anyone thought otherwise.

Still waiting for his season to really get going despite the goals. Let's just hope he gets an important goal on Wednesday.
Aren't the goals his main Job.
31 so far this season.if he literally did nothing apart from score that would fine.
But watch his game.
Watch his movements.
He does exactly.
Exactly what pep ask him to do.
He occupies the opposition defence without having the ball that creates space for out other players.
He doesn't need to be involved with play to Actually be involved in the play.
He's a young player who is the very best around.any "city" fan who doesn't appreciate him.must be either mad or just on a wind up

Aren't the goals his main Job.
31 so far this season.if he literally did nothing apart from score that would fine.
But watch his game.
Watch his movements.
He does exactly.
Exactly what pep ask him to do.
He occupies the opposition defence without having the ball that creates space for out other players.
He doesn't need to be involved with play to Actually be involved in the play.
He's a young player who is the very best around.any "city" fan who doesn't appreciate him.must be either mad or just on a wind up
You make loads of fair points, but the inference that anyone who dares to question a player can’t be a real city fan (that’s the implication of your “”) is just needless and devalues your other good points.

Gonna get pelters here but fuck it in terms of the Premier league this season he is well down on last season when taking into account performances and goals.

Probably a little drop in form and teams concentrating on stopping the supply although he has had the most shots in the Premier league. I can't be arsed checking how many shots he had last year though.

He was a phenomenon last season so high standards in goal terms was always going to be tough.

Some on here want us to go down the rag philosophy always looking to get rid and go for the current shiny star. Football is a team sport and if the team are scoring goals it doesn't matter who scores them everyone is assisting. Haaland gets his share and would walk into any team. What's the point of criticism apart from enjoying a moan, enjoy the journey while it lasts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.