9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

It's not happening for him at the moment, he doesn't look half the player of last season, he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself, sad to see.
Becouse he does not get the service he did have last year, and do not score at the same rate in this part of the season, goals is that he have said he is enjoying and have hunger for

Last season he set a level and standard which no one thought he would do in his debut season. This year he’s way below that but still has v good contributions. We still play the same with him off the pitch? It’s a system/style of play issue not personnel. No one can say we are a much better team without him because where is the evidence.

It’s hard to play through balls when teams play so deep my point is the couple of opportunities we got he was played through and missed.

“ A would class” striker needs more to his game than just needing through balls
Maybe play quicker? Risk more? It's not all on haaland

Pep says he asked to be subbed. Still carrying an injury?
Okay, not sure but something doesn't seem right.

He needs to get fit and come back firing next year.
He's got a lot of critics that need to be silenced!

Bayern would still loved to have signed Erling Haaland
Exactly. As would every single, solitary, top club in the world.
Im signing off now until tomorrow, i fucking hate this place after a game we dont win 5-0, never mind when we lose.
To quote "Pop" from league of gentlemen, its full of 'Mary Queens'.
See you all at the title parade that the most sought-after striker in the world will help us get to.

Another big game where we create the square root of fuck all and somehow Haaland is the problem?

We scored from a defensive error and Kevin missed a sitter. Those are the two chances we created in 120 minutes.

I just don't understand the logic of blaming the striker when the rest of the front 5 are awful.

What have Foden/De Bruyne/Grealish/Doku done in the big games this season? There is a reason we hadn't won against the top 6 all season before Villa the other week and its not because of the striker that's for sure.

If we had last season's Haaland playing tonight what difference would it make? We didn't give him a sniff, two aimless floaty crosses is all the service he got. If Pele was playing tonight it wouldn't have mattered as we created nothing.

I liked last years Haaland to this years.

This year - 2024 - he's become a statue. No movement, can't trap a ball, hold it or pass it. Too easily bullied off the ball and his heading is terrible.

Just a shame that Alvarez is worse.
Is it any wonder when we don't pass the ball through to him?

Our entire approach is getting up the field, slowing the game down, and penning in the opposition.

By that time, he's surrounded by at least 2 defenders.

He is becoming completely unsuited to how we play and I'd imagine he's incredibly frustrated.

I expect it from the most smooth brained of rival fans but I expect our own to recognise the glaring issue with laying blame on haaland not being in the game. He gave him nothing! Swap him for anybody else in todays game, be it alvarez, kane, or prime aguero and you get exactly the same output from any of them.

Was limping for a long time before coming off, hope that's nothing but fatigue or impact.

Pep is using him to draw multiple defenders giving others space but he himself must be frustrated with not being involved. We will have to change our playing style again or he will want a change. Very difficult situation ATM for all involved
He would be more involved if whenever a ball was played into him he didn't lose it everytime

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.