#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't keep making excuses because he works hard, I almost feel shocked when he scores, he simply flatters to deceive and isn't good enough I'm afraid.

i agree - not convinced by him at all but he could be an expensive mistake and one the club are not ready to sort out yet - the club are reportedly lookign to extend Sergios contract - that says to me they aint ready to replace him or get another striker in. We wont get any other forward whileSergio is at the club as that player wont play enough games to warrant it.

For me GJ has had his chances to convince and he looks way off it far too often. I get everything about his positives but you cannot rely on him consistently in the hard games. He will score against he cannon fodder of the lower and mid table prem teams but thats about it.

Last edited:
Jesus was clearly the left midfielder with a fluid set up of a 4411 with KDB and Bilva rotating striker position. He put in a great performance as LM and that might be his actual position (whilst he missed a sitter against Courtois).

Here is a link:
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/m...-vs-manchester-city-tactical-analysis-tactics

No, that's how he started the game, by the time he scored and got Ramos sent off he was playing striker, and had been for quite a long time.

How many left midfielders do you see in the box wrestling with CBs when crosses come in? How many get put through 1v1 in the centre of the pitch after beating the CB offside trap? Use your eyes, don't rely on teenage bloggers' write ups.

i agree - not convinced by him at all but he could be an expensive mistake and one the club are not ready to sort out yet - the club are reportedly lookign to extend Sergios contract - that says to me they aint ready to replace him or get another striker in. We wont get any other forward whileSergio is at the club as that player wont play enough games to warrant it.

Personally Id sell GJ now, keep Sergio for a season or 2 at most and get someone else in but that aint happening either

For me GJ has had his chances to convince and he looks way off it far too often. I get everything about his positives but you cannot rely on him consistently in the hard games. He will score against he cannon fodder of the lower and mid table prem teams but thats about it.

I agree, Haland has a clause for next year of around £60million supposedly so why not just say to Dortmund we will give you £70 now and sell jesus to Inter for £70mill to cover it.

No, that's how he started the game, by the time he scored and got Ramos sent off he was playing striker, and had been for quite a long time.

How many left midfielders do you see in the box wrestling with CBs when crosses come in? How many get put through 1v1 in the centre of the pitch after beating the CB offside trap? Use your eyes, don't rely on teenage bloggers' write ups.

Maybe you can learn from those teenage bloggers who you seem to disregard baselessly. He clearly performed far better at his LM position which he spent 74 mins of the game (which was the majority of his playtime for which he deservedly gets praise for). Kevin and Sterling turned the game around with the pass and penalty.

The issue with Jesus is not his hold up and build up play, but his inability to perform as a striker. He has to score that chance on Courtois in the first half. He did well to get on the scoresheet and that red card is a 50/50 situation. For Jesus it is great that he got Ramos sent off after all we can’t trust him 1on1 with the keeper. If that is Aguero I would prefer him to finish off the tie by putting us 3-1 up. That also highlights the essential issue with him that he still hasn’t reached a potential we would expect from a striker of his supposed calibre.

I always supported Jesus and firmly believed he just needed time to become a consistent finisher. It hasn’t happened despite being given a lot of opportunities with both City and the Seleção. Tite has made the decision he is not an ST, and maybe Pep has to make the same decision on making him a wide forward as well.

Last edited:
Sane, Bernardo, Foden, Laporte, Mahrez and Kevin De Bruyne?? KDB was nowhere this good under Pellegrini.
Bernardos form has fallen off a cliff, Mahrez hasn't improved one iota, Phil may well have established himself long before now had he been given the chance, KDB got better with age, he was outstanding for Wolfsburg before Pellers bought him. Seen none of Laporte before he arrived so can't comment and Sane will forever be the one that got away. He has what we miss so badly, pace power and a clean strike.

Out of the top 12 in the premier league he starts in potentially Sheff Utd and Burnley. The other 10 he’s nowhere near better than the forwards they start with.

Liverpool - Firmino
Chelsea - Abraham (soon to be Werner)
Leicester - Vardy
United - Rashford/Martial
Wolves - Jiminez
Spurs - Kane
Arsenal - Aubameyang
Everton - Richarlison/Calvert Lewis
Southampton - Ings

Everyone of them are better strikers than Jesus. If that’s the bloke you want leading our line once aguero has left then you know nothing about football. Throw every stat in the book at me about goal and assists etc they’re all misleading, I trust my eyes and he’s borderline useless.

Would swap any of the below Premier League forwards for him.

Ighalo
Lacazette
Calvert-Lewin
Abraham
Greenwood
Kane
Ings
Jiminez
Aubameyang

He need not be Sergio level, but he's not even mid-table level I am afraid. No room for sentiments, even when our rivals can see he's not good enough for us, why can't our own fans see it. They won't bat an eye if we sold him, compare this to how they reacted when we sold Sane. I just feel sorry for the lad, you can just see the faces of KDB Raz and Mahrez when he fluffs a chance, they don't trust him. I think even Jesus can't believe how he's leading the line for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.