A Boss Who's a Bully

Just keep smiling at the woman and when she rips you a new one keep a log....
Then you leave and sue the company for constructive dismissal ...
Or just give her the hairdryer treatment and have your stuff packed ready to go... Bullies are all the same, underneath the gob they are insecure fuckers ....

a guy who worked for us got threatened with shit jobs everytime he refused stupid days overtime wise. he wrote everything down in a diary. then after one shouting session recorded it on his phone. went off for stress and reported him for bullying.they set a meeting up with hr and a director and after reviewing the diary and listening to his recorded bollocking warned the boss about his future conduct.he has been quite tame since

Put your effort into getting a better job and use it as motivation. Treat it as a game and take a step back. Moving about you end up with more experience and more money.

I took a job working for a claims handling agency who work on behalf of 3 insurance companies. I have worked for various insurance companies and solicitors for over 30 years. I should have known in training that this job was not for me and started off quite well. However, after 3 months they shifted me to a team with a manager who had been in the industry for 3 years but was always happy to tell you that she had a law degree. My main problem was that the company looked to throw out their own client's claims whereas everyone else I worked for did the opposite. They also actively encouraged you to settle third party claims even when it was obvious they were at fault in an attempt to save costs.

Anyway after 7 months I was took into an office and told I had not reached the required standard and my 6 month probationary period was being extended. I spoke to a guy from ACAS who said that they had to do this before the 6 month expired and I now had the rights of a full time employee. 2 weeks later they said that I was going to be let go and they would pay me until the end of the month which was in 7 days time. I explained the that under my contract they owed me a month. The manager laughed at me but sure enough after 1 email to the HR department they confirmed I was right and was paid the full amount.

I am certain her whole attitude was that she was wary of me as I had more experience than her even though I have never been bothered about taking a management job.

Careful now....hundreds of thousands, as the saying on here goes....
sv5k40.jpg

Some good advice in this thread. It's hard at places that have a HR team who are located at the same office though, as you can bet your bottom dollar that these sort of people are best mates with the decision makers in the HR team.

Get yourself a wee black book, when she targets you record the time date what was said and who was in the area at the time who might have heard what went on, do this for a while build a good case, maybe have a quiet word with one or two others who feel the same and get them to do the same. Then go to HR with it, when it's in black and white from a few people singing of the same sheet, it's very hard for them to ignore it

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.
Your place of work sounds exactly like mine.
My boss as in managerial director who owns the company is a right c*nt, She wouldn't give you the time of day, Completely unapproachable, And only talks to you to give you a bollocking.
My warehouse boss is a bloke, Grade A twat. He thinks he can speak to you how he pleases, One day I just lost the plot and gave him as good as I good which fairly shut him up after I put him in his place, From that day on he doesn't say a word to me.
I just try to go into work put my head down and get on with the day and go home.
You wont change a c*nt your like your boss though (No offence to women but men are easier to talk to) when a woman gets it into her head she doesnt like you its game over.

Footballers are worth millions of pounds. Office workers are ten a penny and if they lose half a department they'll muddle through it. And there's not a chance everyone will hand their notices in if they haven't another job to go to when they're providing for their families
You lose most of a department and it'll cost your business a healthy percentage of your revenue until you have them replaced and settled plus recruitment costs. If my department walked it would cost in the tens of millions, sacking me would cost a few hundred thousand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.