A breakdown of what has gone wrong (and why we’ll be back)

There were plenty of times at United when Bacon Face had a baron league spell. Arsenal, Blackburn and Chelsea spring to mind. However he's looked upon as all conquering. And that was when United had far more to spend than everyone else. The Premier League now has many more financially capable teams, and is more wholly competitive.

As much as it goes against my initial reaction as a fan, I believe the long term thinking employed by the club is always the right thing to do.

I'll continue to enjoy our participation in cup competitions, and still marvel at where we are today. This season is far from over.

So no quick fixes or knee jerk reactions. The clubs revenue is growing and off that will soon come more power in the transfer market. Add some quality purchases, and with the likes of Foden and Garcia coming through I'm sure we will be top dogs again soon.
Sooner than we may think.

When the player only wants to go to Liverpool, Southampton can’t force him to come to city, even if we offer a lot more money.
True, but I was hoping he would join us after the fiesta between saints and liverpool.

The main defence was Delph Otto Stones and Walker in 2017/18.

The big signings in the last 18 months - Rodri, Mahrez and Cancelo have been poor and before that hit and miss with Stones and Mendy for every Bernardo and Laporte.

With the amount spent in the last 3 years the side should not be in "transition", it is not as though the best players are being sold.

The big signings in the last 18 months - Rodri, Mahrez and Cancelo have been poor and before that hit and miss with Stones and Mendy for every Bernardo and Laporte.

With the amount spent in the last 3 years the side should not be in "transition", it is not as though the best players are being sold.
I wouldn't describe Mahrez as poor. Bernardo was so good that Mahrez could not get in the side. When Bernardo and KDB are in midfield, Mahrez can excel.

Give Rodri time. The signs are mixed. Cancelo? Yes, so far you are right.

The spine has aged, Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero. Of course there's going to be transition.

The spine has aged, Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero. Of course there's going to be transition.

It should have elready happened with the money spent as I pointed out - but the expensive replacements are not as good. Stones, Rodri, Gundogen, KDB and Jesus. One improvement the rest a step back.

We have been spoilt over the last couple of years , Pep has taken our club and our football to a level we could only of dreamed of , now we have hit a bump in the road for various well documented reasons , but we do not need a total rebuild. With Laporte back to full fitness next month , Sane until the end of the season at least , Foden will hopefully emerge as top Premier league player , Garcia is showing signs of progression , we will need £200m and three or four top quality signings to bolster the squad for next season , and i am sure Pep will be backed by the club. Would be nice for Pep to extend his contract in the summer and show his commitment and to shut the media up once and for all , he could build a dynasty at this club , he will not get the same backing at any other club in the world.

we need a top CB . simply . see how much Van Dijk has improved Liverpool . We need one top CB , to accompany Laporte and we will be back next season . We have the best team in the league , once the CB pairing issue is resolved . And i dont want another Stones . I think we need a world class CB . Varane , Marquinhos level .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.