A call for Patience and realism

paulchapo said:
Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

Exactly this.Fucking Pellagrini was brought in because he supposedly knew the European game and was some kind of master tactician,well i have seen little evidence so far!

Mancini was building something here.We had gone from a team all over the place under Hughes to a well disciplined outfit that was hard to beat and had won two trophies in three years after winning fuck all in thirty five!

Instead of sacking him the owners should have sat down with him and ironed out the slight flaws in his supposed man management skills and given him the quality signings to move us on to another level, like they SHOULD have done when we won the league.

Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.Now he is gone and we are having to start again with a manager showing little evidence he will be an improvement save for giving the players a cuddle.

As a blue i pray i am proved wrong but i see another a managerial change next year.

This.

TGR said:
paulchapo said:
Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

Exactly this.Fucking Pellagrini was brought in because he supposedly knew the European game and was some kind of master tactician,well i have seen little evidence so far!

Mancini was building something here.We had gone from a team all over the place under Hughes to a well disciplined outfit that was hard to beat and had won two trophies in three years after winning fuck all in thirty five!

Instead of sacking him the owners should have sat down with him and ironed out the slight flaws in his supposed man management skills and given him the quality signings to move us on to another level, like they SHOULD have done when we won the league.

Talk to any rags and they will tell you they hated Mancini because they feared him.Now he is gone and we are having to start again with a manager showing little evidence he will be an improvement save for giving the players a cuddle.

As a blue i pray i am proved wrong but i see another a managerial change next year.

This.
They hated him cuz he beat them. Pelegrini is doing that too. So that really is neither here nor there. Mancini was badly outplayed by Dortmund. That he didn't lose had little to do with anything he did. Dortmund were simply wasteful, and Joe Hart was still a darling. Had the Joe Hart of today kept that game, the score line would have been worse than todays.

We need to stop fooling ourselves with these silly manager arguments.

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Patience and Realism-Really...

Losses at Cardiff and Villa,turgid performances against Stoke,Hull.

Sorry the time for that has now passed.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I have highlighted the error..We have been in the champions league for all of 2 seasons..not 20 like the rags...How long did it take the rags to get out of the group stage??? We are not consistently failing,just having to failed for 2 seasons..Last year we were unlucky with 10pts..This yr was a fucking tough group and Dortmund/Madrid were always favourites to get through and they are still in the last 8.
patience is a virtue..Not many on here have it

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. How the worm has turned.

well done for turning up Billy, how do you feel this wet Manchester morning?

Gentlemen,
Don't you understand? We are 'still gelling' as a team...

PS: Good call into Radio Manchester last night SHB! ;-)

Blueroses said:
As a city fan today I have seen our team comprehensively beaten by a team with quality but it also made us all have a reminder that we have taken big steps closer to the best in Europe but we still have fewer steps to take firstly this starts with attitude some of players have.

Too much knee jerk reaction regarding Pellegrini imo some is justified but maybe his comments regarding silva not able to play more than 25 min should hint to the manager not be able to make the early change to add the extra midfielder since our midfield was ran over by bayern.

Keep in mind that our record in Europe has been torrid for a long time and Pellegrini doesn't yet know his best team and it only the beginning.

About time some of our players realised they are not as good as they think they are and hard work has to be put, something we are missing is collective team effort you see from the bayern team and Dortmund etc.

We are still capable of qualifying, still second the double header V Cska Moscow should be key. With silva back and bayern our last game we should aim to qualify before we play them to take the pressure off us. Our fate is still on our hand.

If we ever needed a wake call for some of our players then it couldn't come better than this so it should spur them on if anything.

Take it on chin, regroup and play the best 90 min football against Everton and win.

What we need right now is realism and that starts with patience because we are still able to change this around. I believes so and I you all do too.
I have never read so much tosh in all my life

If you give this guy time our season will be over before you can say ''patience'' he rested players for Stoke and Villa in preperation for The Champions League and we dropped 5 points, 5 points are a lot to drag back esp with the form of Arsenal and Spurs and we have not even played any decent teams yet!

We are in a mess under this guy, he does not grasp the Premier League and the importance of it to most fans i talk to, its our bread and butter and we should be looking at winning that not dreaming about the Champs league as we are miles away from it as last nights humiliation as shown

He will not be here at Christmas

daxman said:
TGR said:
paulchapo said:

This.
They hated him cuz he beat them. Pelegrini is doing that too. So that really is neither here nor there. Mancini was badly outplayed by Dortmund. That he didn't lose had little to do with anything he did. Dortmund were simply wasteful, and Joe Hart was still a darling. Had the Joe Hart of today kept that game, the score line would have been worse than todays.

We need to stop fooling ourselves with these silly manager arguments.

dax,
We were told that the new manager was a 'significant upgrade' on the previous manger. I genuinely and sincerely hope he is. However,
a number of people on here including me are starting to have some serious doubts.
To change the manager is no small decision. Particularly with our record of the last 3 years and the very recent £100m cash outlay on new players.
Is it unrealisitc to expect a little better than what we have seen so far? Discuss:

Fuck me - People need to get over it - He has gone and we have a better manager in place. If you can't deal with it - There is a team in Turkey after new fans.

We got dicked by a far superior team, mistakes were made as did Mancini - So we never lost in a European game at home, well we never fucking looked like beating Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax or Napoli at home too.

Perspective people - we will get through this group and then bring em on

moomba said:
Pelle had a shocker last night, theres no getting away from that. But its still very early days and we've still got every chance of doing well in all competitions we've entered.

He should get time and he will get time.

More than ever I seem to be lurching between states of optimism and pessimism from week to week as far as City goes.

Right now I cant see us making much of the season but rather than blame it all on the manager I reckon its time the players pull their finger out and start performing like we know they can.

I think top four and last 16 in CL would be a fair and reasonable target in his first season to obtain given the investment and given where we were when he inherited the squad.

If we fail to achieve that I would be surprised if he got a second season.

You are right that the burdon of blame lies also with the players both individually and collectively but as we know the manager bears the brunt of a teams failure to meet their objectives and the expectation of stakeholders.

TGR said:
George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. How the worm has turned.

well done for turning up Billy, how do you feel this wet Manchester morning?

Gentlemen,
Don't you understand? We are 'still gelling' as a team...

PS: Good call into Radio Manchester last night SHB! ;-)

Morning Ray-Good to catch up last night.
I am surprised the cabal haven't lambasted me for my call but I am really not bothered anymore.
Patience and realism-Here is my realism-3 wins in 11 away from home.A manager who has no idea about the premiership.4-4-2 in europe-The club has fucked up,BUT THAT IS JUST MY WORTHLESS OPINION.

crystal_mais said:
Fuck me - People need to get over it - He has gone and we have a better manager in place. If you can't deal with it - There is a team in Turkey after new fans.

We got dicked by a far superior team, mistakes were made as did Mancini - So we never lost in a European game at home, well we never fucking looked like beating Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax or Napoli at home too.

Perspective people - we will get through this group and then bring em on
Not looking to get into an argument but how so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.