A defining three weeks

Great blog Toma. Big games is what the top players should be lusting after. City are riding high on confidence at the moment and this is where we want to be - going toe to toe with the big boys and showing the world what MCFC is all about. Bring it on!

One league win away at Arsenal after we got a gift at the start is all I can remember - the worst place for us to visit in my lifetime. We went ten years between goals at Stamford Bridge, needed Hillario to get us back in it for the first time since it was a car park. Better after last season, however 5 from 9 would be very welcome. If we lost to Chelsea and won the other tow that would be much better. 6-4 loss at Monaco would do also.

I think we have to start with a win on Sunday.

I can see us getting 6 but it won't be easy and can't see us beating Chelsea as they really don't need to win, can set up really defensively and wait for the inevitable opportunity they will get. They will be Stoke but better. The next two games are therefore key to how the season pans out.

We have had enough shit results at home this season so a win Sunday would be nice.

Wrote this for my weekly Unibet column on a huge three weeks for City.

http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/rehearsals-are-over-now-its-show-time-manchester-city

From the three league games how many points do you predict/would be happy with?

Not sure it will be a defining three weeks tbh. I think that the Monaco game would be a bad one to lose(by more than a goal) but is not really pivotal to our season.
No one seriously believes we are ready to mount a bid for glory in Europe yet and only the bean counters would be really upset.

The 3 league games are important but again 4 points which should be achievable will probably be enough to keep us in the hunt for top 4. Obviously if we were in the running for the league it would to a large extent define Pep's first season. However, the run in of fixtures is kind so even if we fall out of the top 4 post the Chavs game we should still be able to make up ground.

Which brings me to the game(s) that will probably define his season i.e. the Cup Game against Arsenal and then hopefully a final. To win the Cup in these circumstances would send out a strong signal for the future imo.

Can see what you're saying Paul and don't necessarily disagree with any of it but I do feel that six points from nine in the league and a win tomorrow sets us up for a really strong finish to the season. As well as making a statement that could be a very useful springboard for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.