A few thoughts on yesterday

Spiros said:
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Who sent out a better team yesterday? We did.

Who won the game? They did.

Why did they win the game if we had the better players? Because their team has been playing together for years and is a settled squad.

Do you get a settled squad by constantly changing it? No

Learn the meaning of the word 'patient'. It takes more than one season.
Wise words fella!
Couldn't have put it better myself.
We have enough quality players.
They just need time.
Problem is too much impatience for success leads to constant change and we have proved at our own cost that it doesn't work time and time again.
Instant success just doesn't happen at this level in the game.
I have been watching city now for over 40 yrs and am prepared to wait a little longer cos when it comes we will dominate for years !!!!

warringtonmcfc said:
Having had time to calm down a bit, a few thoughts on yesterday:-

1) I genuinely don't think that those players went out and thought they could win that game yesterday. Not enough belief, on the whole not enough experience of winning big games. Not enough players who went in to the game thinking a draw is not good enough. Not enough winners.

2) Sick to death of hearing that we're "not far away" from being better than them. We may end up closer in terms of points when the final analysis is done but our recent record in head to heads against them is awful. Generally the teams that beat United to the title beat them in the head to heads during the season.

3) Our lack of a proper left back is becoming more and more of a problem. Zabaleta is a good right back but at left back against proper quality he struggles.

4) We don't test opposition keepers enough in games against the big teams. At times we resemble a poor mans Arsenal - plenty of nice play up until the edge of the box but no end product in terms of making keepers save the thing.

5) Our build up play looks slow and laboured at times. This is partly a product of having Barry and Milner in midfield. They just aren't good enough for a team that is aiming for the Champions League.

6) Kompany was outstanding yesterday as he has been for most of the season. He is the leader of the side. Recognise that with the armband. We need to get another centre half in to play along side him.

7) The midfield and attack that started yesterday had a distinct lack of pace. This needs to be sorted out and in part links to 5) above.

8) Why are we so appalling at coming from behind to win games? Lack of bottle / leaders? When we go a goal down away from home I certainly think that we are playing for a point at best and I suspect in games like yesterday some of the players do as well.

9) We are going to look back on this season as our big chance and ultiamtely one that we have blown. United, Chelsea and Liverpool will all be stronger next season. Okay, I am sure we will be too but I just think that this was the season.

Anyway, sure I will get slated for a lot of the above but had to get it off my chest! Plenty will be more optimistic but I just get tired of hearing that we are close, nearly there. The table shows that if the teams around us win their games in hand we are down to 5th which doesn't feel like a massive amount of progress to me.

1. Agree to an extent. Although in the last 2 league games at OT we've been behind and equalised only to concede late on. We needed to score first yesterday, then we can dictate the game. We've also beat Chelsea a couple of times after being behind and Utd in the SF at home last year.

2. The gap is closing. Best performance I've seen againt them. Apart from the 10 mins before HT after they scored, we were never under serious pressure.

3. Agreed. Zab is not a top class LB. I'd have played Lescott LB, Boateng CH.

4. Hopefully when Dzeko (and possibly Balo) bed in this shouldn't be a problem. Both are very direct.

5. Barry & Milner only played in CM because NDJ was injured. Looking forward a Lampard/Gerrard type player with NDJ would solve this problem.

6. Agreed about Kompany. Hope Boateng will fill this role alongside him.

7. Don't think it's an issue of pace. We need a midfielder who can shoot from distance and make runs into the box like Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes/Fabregas.

8. I think we do miss a driving force, who can really get a grip of the players, when we're losing a game. Pains me to say it, but we need a Keane type player to instill a winning mentality that a game is never over. As we've not won anything yet, this is understandable.

9. Not sure either United or Liverpool are going to get any stronger. Certainly not as much scope for improvement as us. Mancini has said all along that this team is not strong enough to win the league. CL qualification and a trophy to get the monkey off our back is the aim this season. I'd say another two years and we should be the finished article.

Keep the faith.

Oh and whilst I'm still wound up, how was the stream you used to watch the game on yesterday? Mr city? Whilst us glorysupporters were Actualy there.

You gloryhunting Italian ****.

Mad Mario said:
Mancio said:
maTE , i'm a MCFC fan , while i really doutb you are a real one.
You have been a city fan since Mancini was in charge. Trust me mate I've been a city fan since my 1st game in 95 and a season ticket when I was 12. Don't ever have the fucking cheek to question my loyaly to mcfc. I have thousands upon thousands of loyalty points and you have 0. I have travelled the whole country to watch us. You have travelled 0 miles. I have spend thousands upon thousands on tickets and travel. You might have bought a shirt with Mancini on the back.
Don't you fucking dare.

thats all talks. chatter.

for what i know you may well be one of the many rags who infest this board. everybody can easily see there are here rags who has 5000 or also 10000 posts, so keep all your chatter for yourself , i read what you write and cant see nothing to give you qualification to be a real City fan.

Mancio said:
Mad Mario said:
I'm not even biting. You are not an mcfc fan. If you think you know it all and that Italian way of playing is so good then why do Italians not watch football in droves? More people watch Bolton than juve ffs. The Italian way of defending and being boring doesn't work in England

maTE , i'm a MCFC fan , while i really doutb you are a real one.

You just can't help yourself can you Mancio?

How does this guy get away with this time after time after time?

Argument will ensue and some poor fucker will get a warning for biting and it just isn't on imo.

Cue the old excuse of English not a first language and it being lost in translation.......again!

danburge82 said:
warringtonmcfc said:

1) I genuinely don't think that those players went out and thought they could win that game yesterday. Not enough belief, on the whole not enough experience of winning big games. Not enough players who went in to the game thinking a draw is not good enough. Not enough winners.

2) Sick to death of hearing that we're "not far away" from being better than them. We may end up closer in terms of points when the final analysis is done but our recent record in head to heads against them is awful. Generally the teams that beat United to the title beat them in the head to heads during the season.

3) Our lack of a proper left back is becoming more and more of a problem. Zabaleta is a good right back but at left back against proper quality he struggles.

4) We don't test opposition keepers enough in games against the big teams. At times we resemble a poor mans Arsenal - plenty of nice play up until the edge of the box but no end product in terms of making keepers save the thing.

5) Our build up play looks slow and laboured at times. This is partly a product of having Barry and Milner in midfield. They just aren't good enough for a team that is aiming for the Champions League.

6) Kompany was outstanding yesterday as he has been for most of the season. He is the leader of the side. Recognise that with the armband. We need to get another centre half in to play along side him.

7) The midfield and attack that started yesterday had a distinct lack of pace. This needs to be sorted out and in part links to 5) above.

8) Why are we so appalling at coming from behind to win games? Lack of bottle / leaders? When we go a goal down away from home I certainly think that we are playing for a point at best and I suspect in games like yesterday some of the players do as well.

9) We are going to look back on this season as our big chance and ultiamtely one that we have blown. United, Chelsea and Liverpool will all be stronger next season. Okay, I am sure we will be too but I just think that this was the season.

Anyway, sure I will get slated for a lot of the above but had to get it off my chest! Plenty will be more optimistic but I just get tired of hearing that we are close, nearly there. The table shows that if the teams around us win their games in hand we are down to 5th which doesn't feel like a massive amount of progress to me.

I agree with everything you say mate! Been saying for ages that we aren't this top team so many think we are. We are the fourth or fifth best team and
will finish fourth or fifth.

Take Barry out of that team and put de Jong back in. Take Milner out, play Yaya a little deeper and put Balotelli in further up the pitch. Take Kolarov out of midfield and if we could buy someone like Silva (Jovetic/Hazard) and then we'd be talking about amuch better, faster, more creative and damaging midfield and attack. Having Barry and Milner on the bench instead of Vieira and Jo would also be better.

We need a few years yet before we can even think about challenging.

You took the words out of my mouth mate,i have been saying to friends and people at work that city wont be ready for a few seasons yet,if am honest i dont think think we can get 4th this season either.

Spiros said:
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Who sent out a better team yesterday? We did.

Who won the game? They did.

Why did they win the game if we had the better players? Because their team has been playing together for years and is a settled squad.

Do you get a settled squad by constantly changing it? No

Learn the meaning of the word 'patient'. It takes more than one season.

Seconded

Blue Punter said:
warringtonmcfc said:

1. Agree to an extent. Although in the last 2 league games at OT we've been behind and equalised only to concede late on. We needed to score first yesterday, then we can dictate the game. We've also beat Chelsea a couple of times after being behind and Utd in the SF at home last year.

2. The gap is closing. Best performance I've seen againt them. Apart from the 10 mins before HT after they scored, we were never under serious pressure.

3. Agreed. Zab is not a top class LB. I'd have played Lescott LB, Boateng CH.

4. Hopefully when Dzeko (and possibly Balo) bed in this shouldn't be a problem. Both are very direct.

5. Barry & Milner only played in CM because NDJ was injured. Looking forward a Lampard/Gerrard type player with NDJ would solve this problem.

6. Agreed about Kompany. Hope Boateng will fill this role alongside him.

7. Don't think it's an issue of pace. We need a midfielder who can shoot from distance and make runs into the box like Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes/Fabregas.

8. I think we do miss a driving force, who can really get a grip of the players, when we're losing a game. Pains me to say it, but we need a Keane type player to instill a winning mentality that a game is never over. As we've not won anything yet, this is understandable.

9. Not sure either United or Liverpool are going to get any stronger. Certainly not as much scope for improvement as us. Mancini has said all along that this team is not strong enough to win the league. CL qualification and a trophy to get the monkey off our back is the aim this season. I'd say another two years and we should be the finished article.

Keep the faith.

Agree totally with your comment re the Lampard/Gerrard type player. That's our biggest missing link at the moment in my opinion. The lack of goals from midfield hurts us.

warringtonmcfc said:

SIck of hearing we're 'not that far away' !! F*ck me, we're only two years into a total rebuild of the whole squad. You think you just spend a load of money and then we should be ripping a team like the rags to shreds !?

I'm sick of hearing about Kolarovs lack if pace, sure he's no Walcott or Micah Richards but I guarantee he's no slower than Zabaleta. Kolarov has quality in abundance, is comfortable on the ball and has as sweet a left foot as you are likely to see. I don't see the left back spot as one that is an immediate priority.

Anyone could see that we more than matched the rags and if anything were the better team it was one piece of magic that seperated the teams and the rags created nothing else of note.

I'm extremely comfortable with how we are developing - particularly as for a lot of these players it is their first season in a totally different league.

A lot of City fans would have had Evra binned off after his woeful debut against us and Nani would have been sold or written off long ago.

They say patience is a virtue and its something that City fans could well do with learning. In the space of two short years you could say we have surpassed Chelsea at this point in the season. Who could have foreseen that two years ago ?

A post further down even suggests we have mid-table away from !! Wtf ! Last time I looked we had the best away record in the prem ! Again, who else could have foreseen us being the best team playing away from home ? Sort our home form out and we would have been challenging for the title.

Depsite the result I was extremely encouraged by the way we controlled large parts of the game and that told me just how far we have come. Blue Army.

Mad Mario said:
Oh and whilst I'm still wound up, how was the stream you used to watch the game on yesterday? Mr city? Whilst us glorysupporters were Actualy there.

You gloryhunting Italian ****.

not called for. have a night off, come back tomorrow when you can be more civil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.