A great piece from one of our own

We made it to the Emirates there and back on the train. It was a bit of a chore just a few days after Wembley and another added expense. Fortunately we played well and won easily so the trip was worth it. Friday in work was a proper chew but made it through.
I feel for the guy who couldn't go because if any of our lot that went had been struggling on their pins it would have been pretty difficult to make it back to Euston for the 11 o'clock train.
As for the feeling that the authorities don't respect the fans, that's just a sign you're getting old because they never have. Classic example is the FA Cup final. When ITV covered it they got it moved to 5.30 ko because it was better for them with advertising even though northern fans couldn't get home on the train. When BBC got it back they kept it at 5.30 even though they have no commercial pressures on them.

A good read Russ
To be fair though mate, I was more interested in getting to the game than to work, hahaha.
If the game had been postponed I think I may well have stayed home as it was a real ballache to get to the station.

What was annoying were the BBC news presenters on Friday morning having a pop at 'stupid' people ignoring police advice not to travel. Perhaps the police should have had a word with Sky about cancelling th game the hypocrites.

We went by car. It was on the motorway except for one stretch where it was down to 2 lanes.

I know arsenal fans can say their empty seats were some sort of protest but I was proud of our showing.

It' not the first time we battled the weather. We beat stoke in the FA Cup not long ago when it was horrendous and took over 5k there.

The article is right though.

Missed this as no trains or flights from Edinburgh.. managed to get refund on hotel and train but could not sell match ticket
Gutted at missing it ... and have same problem for tomorrow

I did think that once we were knocked out against Wigan, with Arsenal already out why this couldn’t have been arranged for an FA cup weekend?
With Arsenal’s game against Leicester also postponed as well as ours against Brighton on FA cup QF weekend, that would have been the logical time to hold the fixture.
However as it had been arranged for 1 March, I don’t agree that the fixture should have been postponed 24 hours before kick off on the off chance it may have needed to be postponed the following day. People had already made travel arrangements and it was at the same time as any midweek fixture and the last train back from London was at 11 which shouldn’t have been a problem with the match finishing at 9:40. There are many more ridiculous fixture times to moan about than this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.