A lesson in the art of full-backery.

stonerblue

Ashley Cole.
He may well be a complete fuckin goon off the pitch, but last nights match saw him give a master for full backs.
Even before kick-off he'd beat Nani who decided to start on the opposite side of the pitch. After playing down their right for 20 minutes utd had not managed to get anyone past Cole, and i don't recall anyone going past him all night. Always in position, always keeping the ball and never shitting out of a challenge.
World class performance.

Best Left Back in the world IMO, yes he does let himself down off the pitch, only England player to turn up at the world cup. i just wished chelsea had sacked him leavin city to come in

TBH I expect nothing less from a player who was the leftback of the Arsenal invincibles at 23 years old. Bergkamp said in a recent interview that A. Cole was the best fullback he's ever played with and he had a great playing relationship with him. Gooners hate him so much because they know what they have lost in him. If he was a nothing player it wouldn't matter.

I also thought Szcensy was out of order mocking him for missing the pen against Everton. When Sczesny has achieved (Invincibles, England caps, always playing at high level in Europe etc) and won (FA Cups, Premier League titles, League cups), then he can talk.

He does seem like a total t**t but we only get the sky/media version. The whole Arsenal wage thing was harsh on him. Arsenal were offering Foreigners much higher wages like £80,000 a week, yet Cole came through their Academy and was one of the best left backs in the League but he was only offered £55,000. A lot to us but in the context of fellow professional not.

Regularly kept Ronaldo quiet whenever he played him. You'd often see tranny switch to the right flank to steer clear of cole.

Probably is the best left back in the world and was the only English player except the one that didn't go or play to come out of the world cup with and pride. He shows time and time again that he lacks any sense at all yet even through breaking up with Cheryl (which would leave most of us broken men) and shooting somebody with an air rifle has carried on the high standards.

M.A.R.T.I.N:

Englands only world class player

Come on even us Man City fans know that if Rooney, Gerrard etc were transfer listed this summer, big name top clubs would be interested!! Gerrard was one of Mourinho's favourite players and Torres says he's the best player that he's ever played with. Considering the talent in the Spanish National team that's quite a statement.

In this Country we judge English players too harshly. If they are not 100% perfect they're slaughtered. Foreign players are not under half as much pressure and the attitude rubs off on managers which in turn buy foreign meaning less and less English players at top clubs. Where as in other countries there is more pressure from fans to have more of their own nationality in the teams. We are our own worst enemies in this country and often cannot see past blind devotion to club over country. It's a real shame!

Rooney hasn't been remotely a world class player this year! His goal tally equals Robert Huth and while he has set up a few goals, his passing has generally been quite woeful. If you memory wiped the whole of England, Rooney would be sold for approximately 8 million to a team like Wolves based on his form since the the closing stages of last season.

Rooney is world class, well last year...not this year but you'd expect him to come good in coming years.

Ashley Cole is world class and has been for a long time, best left back in the world, don't know him off the pitch obviously so it's hard to comment. I'm sure if the media knew our every move, they could make us all look like cunts at points in our lives so it's always hard to say.

intheknow! said:
M.A.R.T.I.N:

Englands only world class player

Come on even us Man City fans know that if Rooney, Gerrard etc were transfer listed this summer, big name top clubs would be interested!! Gerrard was one of Mourinho's favourite players and Torres says he's the best player that he's ever played with. Considering the talent in the Spanish National team that's quite a statement.

In this Country we judge English players too harshly. If they are not 100% perfect they're slaughtered. Foreign players are not under half as much pressure and the attitude rubs off on managers which in turn buy foreign meaning less and less English players at top clubs. Where as in other countries there is more pressure from fans to have more of their own nationality in the teams. We are our own worst enemies in this country and often cannot see past blind devotion to club over country. It's a real shame!

Ill give you Gerrard but rooney? Hes a fanastic player but not world class yet hes had one good season and score spectacular (sp) goals

I also think in england the media bigs up players to much, we aint good enough and we dont have the strength in depth on he international scene and technically we are very poor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.