A message to those going to the West Ham game

A big difference this year is it is a week before a cup final against our hated rivals so the season will be very much alive. FOCs like me might remember the last game of the 1972 season against eventual champions Derby County. We won 2 0 I think and Maine Rd was absolutely bouncing, in spite of the fact we had no chance of the title, we finished fourth the reception we gave the team was amazing. Different ground different times, we had blown a five point lead to finish a point behind Derby but far from sulking we celebrated a fantastic season. Wish we could lose the sense of entitlement which infects many of our fan base.

I was at that game as a teenager, Lee and Marsh scored, Rodney's a bit of a solo effort if my fading memory serves me well. It was I've just found the coverage. We really should have won the league that year, we were a superb side. Bloody Gordon Banks killed us over Easter with one of the best goalkeeping displays I've ever seen and we lost 2-1.
I wouldn't say it's a sense of entitlement at all. Times have changed. There was no internet back then or saturation coverage. If you weren't there you missed it unless the highlights were on MOTD or Sunday. It's definitely changed the mentality though this constant 24 hour coverage, YouTube, Twitter etcetera. People seem to feel the pressure more and therefore the disappointment of failure seems to bite harder.
Anyway here's the footage.

A lot of people will stay (me included) and applaud the side for another amazing season regardless of the outcome of the league. They always do a lap of honour and if one thing is for sure, we owe Pep and this side every bit of gratitude we can give them.
it’s a worst case scenario but with a chance of another unbelievable high at Wembley on the horizon. Also feel we will go balls deep in the summer transfer window after the FFP witch-hunt to cement our superiority

I was at that game as a teenager, Lee and Marsh scored, Rodney's a bit of a solo effort if my fading memory serves me well. It was I've just found the coverage. We really should have won the league that year, we were a superb side. Bloody Gordon Banks killed us over Easter with one of the best goalkeeping displays I've ever seen and we lost 2-1.
I wouldn't say it's a sense of entitlement at all. Times have changed. There was no internet back then or saturation coverage. If you weren't there you missed it unless the highlights were on MOTD or Sunday. It's definitely changed the mentality though this constant 24 hour coverage, YouTube, Twitter etcetera. People seem to feel the pressure more and therefore the disappointment of failure seems to bite harder.
Anyway here's the footage.

Thanks a million for that film, recaptured my youth, 15 at the time 67 now. Remember the Stoke game stood in the North Stand right behind Banks in the second half. We drew with Forest I think in the next home game and we were f****d.

Thanks a million for that film, recaptured my youth, 15 at the time 67 now. Remember the Stoke game stood in the North Stand right behind Banks in the second half. We drew with Forest I think in the next home game and we were f****d.

Same here.
It was a typical Easter weekend, wet. We absolutely battered Stoke but Banks was unbelievable in goal. We just fell away after that. We should have won the title that year and the one we came runners up to Liverpool by a point.

Great post @youngbob .

I only watch the home games I go to, can't watch City on telly, but I appreciate the great efforts this season even if they give me heart palpitations at 2-0 up and Palace finished me.

I've enjoyed this season so far as much as any season, would pay just to see Phil take that ball under his mercurial control or Jack control the ball or Rodri be Rodri, and whatever happens we need to applaud this wonderful team.

Jinxed it now. Expecting 2 loses and empty seats against West Ham now ;). In all seriousness, it's a great post, but a little premature. Let's see what happens on Saturday. This week is dragging...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.