A Monster Calls

Went to see this last night not knowing much about it. Thought it would be a Roald Dahl type story - a bit scary, a bit funny.

Wasn't prepared for it at all. Was in bits! Anyone else seen it? Shed a tear?
I think it was made in Spain and the UK. Have seen the trailer and it looks good. Will it be ok for 10 yr olds Toma

I think it was made in Spain and the UK. Have seen the trailer and it looks good. Will it be ok for 10 yr olds Toma
It was made in Yorkshire I did a days medical cover on it, I wonder if I'm in the credits lol.
I've heard it is a proper tear jerker so I'm not going to cinema to watch that since I had my daughter I'm a right soft bastard these days.

It was made in Yorkshire I did a days medical cover on it, I wonder if I'm in the credits lol.
I've heard it is a proper tear jerker so I'm not going to cinema to watch that since I had my daughter I'm a right soft bastard these days.
Huddersfield,Glossop,Didsbury as well. I am not into the likes of Harry Potter but I like the look of this. I know my kids will love it.

Certainly fine for kids in terms of content - not scary and no swearing etc

But honestly Mac this explores some quite upsetting stuff (don't want to put out any spoilers but its about a kid whose mum is dying of cancer) so it depends on the kid I think. I'd gladly take my niece to see it as she's quite mature for her age but my nephew (of around same age) would be upset.

Fantastic film and brilliantly shot and acted but boy does it tug at the emotions!

Apart from vetting every film by watching it yourself, the best place to find that out is here.

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/reviews

It's a great site for checking if something is suitable for kids or not. I use it before letting my grandsons watch stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.