A new manager?

ello_jo

What will he do? It seems people on here blame the players for us fucking up so what will a new manager do? He's not going to sign anybody because the window is effectively gone and that means he's left with players suck as:-

Bridge- "Cost us two games and is shite"
Micah "lazy" richards
Robinho - "Lacklustre and never puts in any effort"
"Bell end"

I for one like the squad we have got now and I have all my faith in Hughes, look at his signings so far, they have been great. And I was pleased at the Wigan and Newcastle games so I'm not going to let this result dent my faith in the team. And I think the second half of the season will be better. A new manager wouldn't be the wy forward.

i got to agree,I know it was frustrating yesterday and I was bloody punching the air everytime it ballooned over the bar.
i did think we looked awesome as that unit though and the options from left or right could be fantastic.I know we arent going to get as much ball as that usually but -we need to work on the "bernabia"threaded pass into the penalty box.

hughes has us looking a much stronger outfit-more work to be done as expected but the way we tried to get back into the game was a plus point.
I must be honest and say that the back four looked strong -even without dunney!
silly goal to concede although he took it well,typical one of their only pieces of play.

give hughes his time because if we scored a goal everytime we got forward especially in the 2nd half we could have had 7 or 8.Big if's again people would say but I dont know what it was but something is coming -ie we will probably play like that somewhere and score 3.
the media havent taken long -"the millionaires have been beat again"shit
come on hughes and city,show them the ride is just starting.

We move the ball forward to slowly, often backwards before we start to move forwards allowing the opposing team to get organised. Then we play the ball across the front of the defenders, searching for a probing pass, by which time they have massed their players in the box picking up our attackers easily.

We have no one we can cross the ball to in the centre who can knock it down for our players arriving late into the box. We are too predictable and therefore do not create enough chances. We cannot defend high balls into our box, even when we outnumber the attackers.

The worse aspect of all is our managers inability to significantly change the game, through substitutions and new tactics once the game is in progress. Their seems to be a total lack of leadership and initiative from the bench.

I keep trying not to conclude Hughes is good but just not good enough. I am concerned about our transfer policy this window, loads of money spent buying players at twice their worth, but have they improved the team and even if they have by how much. Certainly the jury is out on Bridge, or is it, is it just Hughes team set up, training methods and lack of tactical nous that makes players play worse than they really are. Look at Dunne and Richards.

I am not passing judgement until the end of the season but if I was Sheikh Mansour / Adug I would be concerned at our transfer Policy this window, I would ensure that in future we bought the best and nothing but the very best (Hughes seems to buy nearly the best e.g. Bridge rather than Cole). I would be concerned at our lack of form, espeicially our away form and our inability to win close games tending to lose them instead. As a contingency I would be sounding out top managers and top players right now.

ello_jo said:
What will he do? It seems people on here blame the players for us fucking up so what will a new manager do? He's not going to sign anybody because the window is effectively gone and that means he's left with players suck as:-

Micah "lazy" richards
"Bell end"

I for one like the squad we have got now and I have all my faith in Hughes, look at his signings so far, they have been great. And I was pleased at the Wigan and Newcastle games so I'm not going to let this result dent my faith in the team. And I think the second half of the season will be better. A new manager wouldn't be the wy forward.

Yeah Hughes is great we beat the mighty wigan and newcastle then get turned over by the mighty stoke. Blame the players, owners, fans anyone else but don't blame hughes he's tha man

Mike D said:
ello_jo said:

Micah "lazy" richards
"Bell end"

Yeah Hughes is great we beat the mighty wigan and newcastle then get turned over by the mighty stoke. Blame the players, owners, fans anyone else but don't blame hughes he's tha man
I'm saying don't blame anyone, lets stop being mad asses over that game and focus on the next. We are a stronger team now under Hughes

yeah if we don't win every game then the manager is obviously shit

lots of shit managers out there it seems

pmsl

Balti said:
yeah if we don't win every game then the manager is obviously shit

lots of shit managers out there it seems

pmsl

In fairness we are not talking every game, we have won just once this year away from home and when you consider that in 2 other games we played the majority of them against 10 men. I think it is at least fair to say that the form away from home has been disappointing, we have played all the bottom 5 away from home now and out of 15points we have taken 2!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.