A sincere apology to the Mancini outers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologise. Those who do never will. All that matters is the right man is now in charge. Onwards and upwards.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
It might be early days but I have to say that Manuel Pellegrini has completely won me over.
I would like to apologise to all the BM members who I've attacked on here for having the belief that Mancini wasn't the right man.

I feel you were right and Pellegrini will be a massive step up and we are on the cusp of something great.

Any views fellow blues?

Pellegrini wasn't their 'right man' either, and yep Mancini was clearly finished by Christmas but the Cabal wails have been pulling the plaster off the walls for three years before that.

There is absolutely no need to apologise to anyone or to don the sackcloth and ashes. Roberto Mancini brought the FA cup and PL title to this club. There is now only Arsene Wenger left in the PL who has actually done this at their club. Most of the "outers" wanted simply that - Mancini out. Those who had the vaguest idea of a replacement went in the large part for Mourinho in the belief that eye gouging was the kind of motivational skills our manager needed. Klop, who refuses to leave Dortmund for anyone, was the second favourite. There was simply no "Pellegrini in" group until he emerged as the clear choice of the board. Now, the "in" and "out" question is no longer an issue since Pellegrini is "in", and I've been impressed with his work and pronouncements so far. I stress that my loyalty is to City and no particular individual, but it is very, far too, early to judge. And in the euphoria at the quality of our play at times in some of our pre season matches we have to remember just how superb we were for by far the greater part of the '11-'12 season. I add also that we have had a good transfer window - and it may get even better - but that 3 of the players bought were targets before the managerial change. This window is, of course, very different from last summer, and that was not Mancini's "fault". Let us see how the season goes, when the real games begin.

George Hannah said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
It might be early days but I have to say that Manuel Pellegrini has completely won me over.
I would like to apologise to all the BM members who I've attacked on here for having the belief that Mancini wasn't the right man.

I feel you were right and Pellegrini will be a massive step up and we are on the cusp of something great.

Any views fellow blues?

Pellegrini wasn't their 'right man' either, and yep Mancini was clearly finished by Christmas but the Cabal wails have been pulling the plaster off the walls for three years before that.

I never expected you to have the guts to hold your hands up. Nor do i expect ackowledgement of your removed posts slagging off our Spanish duo for making poor signings.

Stick to the sky/motd/muen/uefa/referees agenda stuff mate. Very much your level.

get real, we havent even played a premier league game yet. Mancini was and will always be a great manager and the best thing to happen to this team in a long long time.

Pellegrini seems good, but he is just a manager. I believe that the players are the most important and then how they interact with the fans. Team spirit must be created

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
There is absolutely no need to apologise to anyone or to don the sackcloth and ashes. Roberto Mancini brought the FA cup and PL title to this club. There is now only Arsene Wenger left in the PL who has actually done this at their club. Most of the "outers" wanted simply that - Mancini out. Those who had the vaguest idea of a replacement went in the large part for Mourinho in the belief that eye gouging was the kind of motivational skills our manager needed. Klop, who refuses to leave Dortmund for anyone, was the second favourite. There was simply no "Pellegrini in" group until he emerged as the clear choice of the board. Now, the "in" and "out" question is no longer an issue since Pellegrini is "in", and I've been impressed with his work and pronouncements so far. I stress that my loyalty is to City and no particular individual, but it is very, far too, early to judge. And in the euphoria at the quality of our play at times in some of our pre season matches we have to remember just how superb we were for by far the greater part of the '11-'12 season. I add also that we have had a good transfer window - and it may get even better - but that 3 of the players bought were targets before the managerial change. This window is, of course, very different from last summer, and that was not Mancini's "fault". Let us see how the season goes, when the real games begin.

Had Mancini got his way we would have drafted in two players who would now be approaching their 30th brithday and both on 200k+ pw. Navas would not be here and that is absolutely for sure, he is not a Mancini type of player.

Mancini's cheif scouts identified messrs Savic and Garcia, whilst both players played alongside Nastasic and Witsel. For that they want sacking alone. On both occasions they bought the wrong player and the 'right player' was playing beside them!

Mancini did a great job but Europe has been his downfall once and it's ended up being it twice. People talk about our first campaign with 10 points but 6 points were against a team that ended up being relegated and the other 3 points against a team already qualified when our future was guaranteed 3rd, Napoli was our arch-rival that campaign and we managed 1 point over two legs. Last season we had the worst group I have ever seen but the crime was against Ajax on both legs. 1 point vb the groups whipping boys is poor, a team built for the same as we paid for Scott Sinclair, an unused and unwanted player ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.