A song for Erling...

Aslong as none of the songs include his dad then we're good to go. Not like his Dads a legend at the club
Isn't he an ex-captain though, surely worth something? I thought you guys would consider it a sort of fairytale story in a way.

Last edited:
Funny but as a principle “legends” arent just those that are here in the good times. That team of 98-04 was my first memory of city and they went through it with us. A player doesnt need to win the league to be fondly remembered. They just have to have commitment, do the best they can in the era they are playing and respect the club. Alfie did that and more
Depends on your definition of legend i guess. Imo Roy Keane doing Alfies knee is a thing of legend. Alfie might not be a legend for his playing time but he is a legend for that event.
Haaland played 38 games in a blue shirt, if thats fondly remembered then so be it. All I'm saying is Alfie's going to be seen as some sort of hero but more because he got Erling to sign and not because of his City career. I just don't see the point of having his name sang at the games

Last edited:
Haaland played 38 games in a blue shirt, if thats fondly remembered then so be it. All I'm saying is Alfie's going to be seen as some sort of hero but more because he got Erling to sign and not because of his City career. I just don't see the point of having his name sang at the games

thats fair enough re not singing his name. i fully get that.

i only included him to make the song work in the same fun way as it did with yaya/kolo
(and by the way, for me, kolo is no more a legend than alfie)

also i never said that alfie was a legend for his playing days, he's not. i just suggested that the keane/haaland incident is now the stuff of legend and was before erling came along

He's Norwegian Blue
He's Norwegian Blue
Your all sick as a parrot
Now he plays for us too.

That's if anyone remembers the Monty python sketch, and ignoring the fact he was born in Leeds and it's not really a song.

His name is Alfie Haaland
He wears a viking hat
He used to play for City
Keane put a stop to that
His son now plays for City
He didnt cost much loot
His name is Erling Haaland
And he'll win the golden boot.
Not bad as alternate to the main song. Nice lyrics!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.