A team for Easter

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
For my wesbite The Daisy Cutter I'm compiling a suitably apt team for Easter - eleven players who have metaphorically risen from the dead and gone on to have a successful second bite of the football cherry.
I've already got a couple in mind, including (to give an example) Paul McGraths superb stint at Villa after being written off post-United.

Whether its an indian summer in the twilight of their career, or a return from a serious injury, or whatever, any suggestions would be very much appreciated guys.

Especially a keeper. Because at the moment I might have to plump for Les Sealey with the rags.

David weir springs to mind. Danny murphy when he went to fulham? I suppose as a keeper you could plump for schmeical when he came to us?

Bert Trautmann won the cup after breaking his neck...

Joe Corrigan got slated in his early City career...

?

-- Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm --

Dare I suggest old Golden Bollox himself after the Argentina sending off...<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:49 pm --<br /><br />Or even Ricky Villa...

?

1.618034 said:
Bert Trautmann won the cup after breaking his neck...

Joe Corrigan got slated in his early City career...

?

-- Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm --

Dare I suggest old Golden Bollox himself after the Argentina sending off...

I got a horrible feeling that I might have to go with Sealey. In fairness it was a dramatic last spell in the spotlight for him.

Beckham does fit. Ah jeez, okay, Sealey and Beckham and then no more rags haha

weejh said:
David weir springs to mind. Danny murphy when he went to fulham? I suppose as a keeper you could plump for schmeical when he came to us?

I like the Murphy shout mate. His career has been resurrected down the Cottage.

What about Gazza at Euro 96/with Rangers.

Diego Forlan at Villareal (also Riquelme)
Andrea Pirlo at AC Milan
Diego at Werder Bremen.
Dennis Bergkamp at Arsenal

edit: not forgetting the real Ronaldo at world cup 2002.

Funny enough I was considering Budgie between the sticks Dell.

Clough is spot-on for the manager role. For the miracles he performed at Forest after his brief spell in the Leeds wilderness. Plus his 'walk on water' boast.

Nice one Shands. Some very good shouts there mate. Especialy like the Pirlo suggestion because its a different circumstance to the others so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.