A treble of City's most infamous defeats you were at

4-0 defeat at home to Sunderland 80-81. We were sat on the front row of the Platt Lane and I could clearly see Stepanovic pissing himself at our ineptitude.

5-1 defeat at Craven Cottage 83-84 (4-0 at Half Time)

3-1 defeat at Edgeley Park (3-0 at Half Time)
I remember asking myself if things could get any worse.
And they did
A lot fucking worse!

Halifax 0-1
Boro 1-8
Wigan 0-1

We gave up at Boro and left at 0-7, I think it was. Having a burger outside when we got one back and a Blue screamed "we're back in this lads" and legged it back into the ground.
I thought Elano got us back in the game at about 0-4 rather than 0-7.

Deffo wasn't 0-4 mate, might not have been 0-7, maybe 0-6, but not 4. We always stayed until we're at least 5 down, it's just what we did..
Apologies, it was 7-0 when we scored. I had this idea we'd scored a lot earlier. - Missed the game due to a family do.

1. Halifax FA Cup 1980
2. Luton 1983
3. Mansfield Town Auto Wind Shield Cup 1998
blimey you can handle anything if you can get through that without some mental scars.
Got to be the worst trio ever! I certainly was upset as a young boy, listening to the Halifax result on the radio! I think we had our lowest attendance for that Mansfield game. Remember somewhere around 7K turned up for that one. Lincoln away was another bad loss but character building in those dark days.

0-1 against Forest when Gary Crosby scored
1-2 home to Stockport County when my housemate supported County
2-3 against the rags when we were 2-0 up at half time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.