A Tribute to Manuel Pellegrini?

I've never been his biggest fan from a football perspective, but what an impressive man the way he has handled himself.

I think the timing of the announcement is inspired, no more speculation or uncertainty, this should act as a galvanising force for Manuel, the players and the fans. There's nothing stopping us from going and grabbing this league title now.

I can't wait for Sunderland tonight, everyone seems on a real high so the atmosphere should be fantastic. I for one will be singing Pellegrini songs throughout, and I hope everyone there will be too, let's show him how much we appreciate his efforts and his dignified manner.

i hope he goes out with a bang this year! a few trophies to add to the cabinet and gets manager of the year,the time rodgers got it really browned me off...pellers could be our most successful manager if he does.......

Our Charming Man.

Whoever came up with that is a genius.

I'll always look back fondly on his time with us, the 2013-14 season was up there as one my best and for that he deserves a massive ( ;) ) thanks. Gracias Manuel!

It's the club who should earn the kudos.

They knew Pellegrini's morals and character before appointing him. It's exactly why things are playing out as such now.

Not so much a safe pair of hands, but succession planning of the highest detail.

I'd think an apology is in order from probably 50% of the rags on here masquerading as city fans. He gets slated every other week by complete morons on here, who somehow think they know tactics and how to manage a football squad.

To aforementioned rags, you couldn't manage a Monday training session, much less lead a team to a title. Manuel has won us the double and done it with more class than all the doubters could muster on their best day... combined.

So many people confuse his class with weakness, and it's just an illustration of their own lack of class.

MP is already a legend, and he leaves a squad that is ready to conquer Europe under his replacement.

Dethred's words quoted above rank as one of my favourite Blue Moon posts ever...

Thank you.

JJ

Pellegrini's always been stuck in an unenviable position when it comes to his standing amongst the supporters. He was for the obvious reasons of who he replaced and how that came about, an unpopular appointment when he came in. The double in his first season helped to bring everyone onside, but last season's on field travails, especially in the early Spring, coupled with the Guardiola stories first surfacing back then, pushed his popularity downwards again. In essence he's been stuck between the memory of Mancini and the shadow of Pep pretty much since his appointment, making it very hard to have any real perspective on the job he has done.

The one thing which can't be denied is that he has handled everything thrown at him with the utmost class and dignity. But personally, I think that to some extent that's just damning him with faint praise. For me the football we played in the 13/14 season was the best i've ever seen City play full stop. I don't think the Premier League at that point had seen a side play with such attacking ferocity and dismantle teams with such ease and effect. If any United team had done that ever they'd be being held up as one of the greatest PL sides ever.

For me with the exception of Pep there really isn't that many managers out there, if there are any, who I'd swap Pellegrini for. Yes he's rubbed some up the wrong way and frustrated many more, myself included at times, but when you look across the Premier League or even across the major leagues in Europe, there's very few currently coaching at the level MP is at.

Personally I hope he doesn't take the Chelsea job. Part of me would've been happy for him a month ago, but having thought about it I'd much rather he went back to Spain. The thought of him at another PL club doesn't do it for me.

I'm with you there; apart from the fact that I have never wanted him to go to another English club; not that I would hold it against him if he went to an English club, unless it was the Rags.

Just like some other posters say here, I've never been a fan always from a football perspective, but what a fantastic person in every other sense.

Can't remember a single scandal and when Bony/Toure have been moaning in the media, it just seems to go over within a day or so. We also seem like a very happy group of players and the dignity with which he announced his departure yesterday, made me very moved.

He's definitely earned a tribute of some sort and what a way to say goodbye with a couple of trophies in the cabinet. Thank you for everything Manuel!

Well Martinez has earned himself a few brownie points from me this lunchtime........... he might get back on my favourite Roberto list yet!!

from the BBC website:
"Pep is one of the best managers in world football and it will be fantastic for the league to have him," responds Martinez.
"He will bring a very successful football philosophy and he is going to bring a completely different tactical approach to the British game.
"I know exactly what he is like as a person. He is a winner and he has an attention to detail.

"But now is the time to be respectful to Manuel Pellegrini, who is fighting for a trophy on every front."

Well said Roberto Martinez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.