A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ColinBellsjockstrap, 11 Apr 2014.

1. BlueBearBoots

BlueBearBoots

Corbieres is still going strong. I always used to worry what a nightmare it would be if there was a fire!

2. waterloo blue

waterloo blue

My uncle John used to sell these on the Central Pier in Blackpool;me and our kid went home like fucking Telly Savalas after a week of "modelling".

3. "Cut your own hair. with this thing."

And they have this lethal looking thing, with things down each side and a handle. And of course you buy it, and you go... by golly, the minute it's three feet from your hair a big chunk falls out off the side. 'Cause hair's like that. You know... you've always... the barber's always feels the hair that's dead, as he is cutting your hair. You don't, you just see the result. But when you're actually just chucking away, pfftt, [???] it feels like a massive big lump. "Oh my god". But I'll give you a bit of advice...

So if you buy that thing, and you are going into the bathroom trying it, because you don't want your family to see that you bought it. The normal thing is go "pfft, look at that." and leave it. Throw it immediately in the bin, because the time will come, when you are out with the lads, wherever you have partied, you're bit of pissed. "Yeahhh" Take a [leak???] "Oh, there's that thing. Yeahhh-hey. That'll do me. Blow yours, a doddle, look at that." Arthur Scargill!"

[​IMG]

4. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

Me in late 1979 .... on right. Part of our then band ...Lad next to me, natural curly hair .... totally bald now lol.

[​IMG]

5. StrangewaysHereWeCome

StrangewaysHereWeCome

There's a picture of me on the back of the M.E.N somewhere looking a bit like you do in that picture, Trick. Except with 90's hair.

Here's one from 1982-3 with proper sken eyes. I loved that sweatshirt [bigimg]http://i59.tinypic.com/2s62djn.jpg[/bigimg]

6. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Walking in the rain, just to get wet on purpose
    'The Polers' chippy in Rusholme.

7. Blueles61

Blueles61

Is that Jamie Pollock on the left?

8. Ducado

Ducado

Just seen this on Twitter

the year is 1928 but where is it? (It's central Manchester)

[​IMG]

9. Clevers

Clevers

10. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Oh yes. I loved that place.