Academy revamp?

Paul Dickov or Uwe would be great, I will never forget Paul Dickov's first game for us away to Stoke (Alan Ball's last game) He must have thought WTF have I let myself in for, the atmosphere was unlike any other game I have been to the level of hatred directed at Ball by pretty much everyone made the whole thing just outright strange

Remember being there, sat in the Stoke end of the odd wooden stand. Thinking can't say a word, was about 15 at the time. Turns out everyone hated Ball.

I'd like to see Uwe given the role, or some one of Pep's choice.

Bellamy another left field shout. Former player, seems to love Pep's style, recently turned down some other managerial roles.

Why do we keep mentioning ex players with no proven experience as someone to come and coach our U23? Don't get me wrong these are great blokes but we soon call out rags for doing something like this.

Why do we keep mentioning ex players with no proven experience as someone to come and coach our U23? Don't get me wrong these are great blokes but we soon call out rags for doing something like this.
Because managers with proven experience, who play our style of football, are fairly limited and will be getting jobs that aren't reserve team manager. Reserve management is a perfect first step into management. Vieira and Guardiola for example 0 managerial experience when they got their first job at reserve level.

I also don't see how it would be a bad thing to have former City players (well, certain ones anyway, not Joey Barton, Adam Johnson or Robinho) working with our youngsters.

Really hope Kompany’s fitness issues are over and he can play for us full time next year. But if that’s not possible, I hope he stays within the club for life and eventually becomes manager. A stint as academy boss would be a great first step for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.