Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

He's paid a high price alright, but he wasn't stupid or naive, he knew exactly what he was doing, and that she was underage - he specifically referenced it in their conversations. Sometimes people are doing exactly what they want to do.

He was stupid and naive to think he wouldn't get caught.

He's paid a high price alright, but he wasn't stupid or naive, he knew exactly what he was doing, and that she was underage - he specifically referenced it in their conversations. Sometimes people are doing exactly what they want to do.

He might not have been naïve, but he was certainly fucking stupid!

I'm with you mate. My definition of monster is far worse than someone who has fingered a fifteen year old girl with consent. I'll save that for blokes (for example) who rape their own six year old daughter, or kidnap people, tie them up and torture them.

As awful as his offence was, it's not even on the scale for crimes of evil and the harm they inflict on others. With sexual offences, people seem compelled to outdo each other to show their revulsion, to show it's something they disapprove of, which means all sense of rational debate goes out of the window.

It's funny how people want to return to what they perceive as the severe punishment of yesteryear, when a generation ago (and certainly two) Johnson wouldn't have even gone to prison for this offence. That was wrong, but in my view, six years was OTT for this offence and driven by a media frenzy. Three years would have been more appropriate imo. People who con old people out of their life savings get less than that (six years), which I consider a far worse crime - perpetrated by people who are more akin to 'monsters' than Johnson.

The problem is, that people are in such a frenzy about this type of offending that I expect I'll get pilloried for expressing this view, mainly by people who want everyone one to know that they are not paedos.

He's done his time and should be allowed to make the most of his life going forward, subject to the appropriate restrictions (around children in particular) that his offending places on him.
Excellent post mate.

He did this in this country where it's against the law to groom and have sexual contact with a kid under 16,stop making excuses for him
Rather than making excuses, he's providing context and perspective to someone's (unacceptable) behaviour who has been (absurdly) described as a 'monster'.

Some of the responses on this thread merely serve to underline my point about the manifest challenges in engaging in any form of rational debate around this subject.

Last edited:
He did this in this country where it's against the law to groom and have sexual contact with a kid under 16,stop making excuses for him

I'm not making excuses for him the guy is a TWAT of the highest order and that's for sure. However who incited it all? because she was the one waiting for him time and time again until he took the bite like an absolute dickhead.
What Benzema and Ribery were involved in is much much worse however it was just blown over....

I'm with you mate. My definition of monster is far worse than someone who has fingered a fifteen year old girl with consent. I'll save that for blokes (for example) who rape their own six year old daughter, or kidnap people, tie them up and torture them.

As awful as his offence was, it's not even on the scale for crimes of evil and the harm they inflict on others. With sexual offences, people seem compelled to outdo each other to show their revulsion, to show it's something they disapprove of, which means all sense of rational debate goes out of the window.

It's funny how people want to return to what they perceive as the severe punishment of yesteryear, when a generation ago (and certainly two) Johnson wouldn't have even gone to prison for this offence. That was wrong, but in my view, six years was OTT for this offence and driven by a media frenzy. Three years would have been more appropriate imo. People who con old people out of their life savings get less than that (six years), which I consider a far worse crime - perpetrated by people who are more akin to 'monsters' than Johnson.

The problem is, that people are in such a frenzy about this type of offending that I expect I'll get pilloried for expressing this view, mainly by people who want everyone one to know that they are not paedos.

He's done his time and should be allowed to make the most of his life going forward, subject to the appropriate restrictions (around children in particular) that his offending places on him.
He'd have got about 2 years max if he wasn't who he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.