Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

Evans was innocent,Johnson is a monster.

I would hope every club on the planet see's fit to ignore any attempt he makes to return.

Evans hadn't been proven innocent at the time he was trying to get back into football and people were saying he shouldn't be allowed to.

What he did was very wrong and he deserved his punishment but monster is a bit over the top from what I know of the case. He's hardly a mass murderer.

Evans hadn't been proven innocent at the time he was trying to get back into football and people were saying he shouldn't be allowed to.

What he did was very wrong and he deserved his punishment but monster is a bit over the top from what I know of the case. He's hardly a mass murderer.
I'm sure you would be saying the same thing if it was your daughter.

Served his time, should be allowed to get on with his career. Just as was the case with Evans.

No, no, No and no.....

Regardless of ‘serving his time’, as you put it, his exposure to impressionable young people, who could potentially idolise him, is the wrong message.... it’s like giving a pyromaniac a pack of swan matches.... I’m all for rehabilitation, I work in it, however, there are exceptions to the rule!!

I would be saying that he deserves the punishment he got but I wouldn't go as far as monster.
I'm with you mate. My definition of monster is far worse than someone who has fingered a fifteen year old girl with consent. I'll save that for blokes (for example) who rape their own six year old daughter, or kidnap people, tie them up and torture them.

As awful as his offence was, it's not even on the scale for crimes of evil and the harm they inflict on others. With sexual offences, people seem compelled to outdo each other to show their revulsion, to show it's something they disapprove of, which means all sense of rational debate goes out of the window.

It's funny how people want to return to what they perceive as the severe punishment of yesteryear, when a generation ago (and certainly two) Johnson wouldn't have even gone to prison for this offence. That was wrong, but in my view, six years was OTT for this offence and driven by a media frenzy. Three years would have been more appropriate imo. People who con old people out of their life savings get less than that (six years), which I consider a far worse crime - perpetrated by people who are more akin to 'monsters' than Johnson.

The problem is, that people are in such a frenzy about this type of offending that I expect I'll get pilloried for expressing this view, mainly by people who want everyone one to know that they are not paedos.

He's done his time and should be allowed to make the most of his life going forward, subject to the appropriate restrictions (around children in particular) that his offending places on him.

No, no, No and no.....

Regardless of ‘serving his time’, as you put it, his exposure to impressionable young people, who could potentially idolise him, is the wrong message.... it’s like giving a pyromaniac a pack of swan matches.... I’m all for rehabilitation, I work in it, however, there are exceptions to the rule!!

No, no, No and no.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.