Adam Johnson

sboroMCFC

Obviously we need to rotate our squad and I fully expect him to start on Thursday....however, does he fit into out best XI and where?

as well as silva played, i thought he ran out of steam in the second half,
adam should have come on the sixty minute mark, i think he would have given cole something to think about and probably would have kept him back,

also there was no one willing to try beat a man in the match, wich johnson has the rare abilty to do,

having said this i think silva played well till the sixtieth minute

It's all personal preference, but i consider a diamond midfield to be by far the best formation for our players when everyone's fit. Adam Johnson unfortunately has no place in such a system. He's already only started 3 or 4 out of 9 games, or something like that, and that's even when we are playing WITH wide midfielders. There will of course be rotation every now and then, but no - i don't think he is in our "best 11".

He needs to improve his final ball/shooting. A number of times he's got into position and missed the target and we don't create enough chances to waste a few. He has the ability to play in the hole but is not ready yet. As an out and out winger I don't think he'll get too many games.

Having slagged him of, I would also like to state that I really like him and would love him to be starting more games.

I think the reason Bobby didn't shy away from criticising him at the pre-Chelsea presser is that he rates him too and wants to get the message home quickly that he isn't the finished article yet.

I think Mancini blames him for the Blackburn result even though he was our best player in my opinion. Not passing when in a good position on two occassions.

For me Johnson should be starting against teams not in the so called Top 4.

Whilst the 3 midfielders seems to limit the opposition, it is not very exciting to watch. Johnson is exciting to watch and I would like to see him in more often starting Thursday.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I think Mancini blames him for the Blackburn result even though he was our best player in my opinion. Not passing when in a good position on two occassions.

For me Johnson should be starting against teams not in the so called Top 4.

Whilst the 3 midfielders seems to limit the opposition, it is not very exciting to watch. Johnson is exciting to watch and I would like to see him in more often starting Thursday.

You want thrills over results?

Gelsons Dad said:
He needs to improve his final ball/shooting. A number of times he's got into position and missed the target and we don't create enough chances to waste a few.

Agreed ... but I do think he'll pick up more than his fair share of penalties and free-kicks along the way, as defenders have no idea how to play him (yet).

I don't think he's part of the strongest team, once everyone is available. He will get starts though and play a major role coming off the bench.

He should be the second name in the team sheet after Carlitos.

He is our most creative player and he should play regularly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.