Adebayor might be leaving

dont know if anyone has seen this but.
"Take it from us everyone, despite reports, MCFC has no plans to sell Emmanuel Adebayor; our new no.9 for this season - and that's official"
From our twitter page

^ good....i really don't understand why some fans have turned on Ade, he's a quality striker,n he'll be on fire next season

oh dear Ade, you didn't really say that did you?

Apologies if already posted...

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor admits: I'd rather play for Juventus
By CHRIS WHEELER Last updated at 9:57 PM on 5th August 2010
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories

On his way? City front-man Emmanuel Adebayor
Manchester City have insisted that Emmanuel Adebayor has a key role to play this season despite claims from the Togo striker that he could leave just a year after his £25million move from Arsenal.
Adebayor was quoted in the Italian media saying he fears his first-team opportunities will now be limited and that he is considering signing for Juventus.
Such a move would mean a cut to the £160,000-a-week salary he receives at City, but Adebayor insisted it would be worth it if he got to play for the Italian club.
'Until some time ago, I would not have accepted a transfer to other clubs,' he said. 'I wanted to wear the City shirt and have a better season compared to last year, but I know there will not be many chances for me, and so I am considering the many offers I have received. Juventus are a great club in which I would like to play.
'I am sorry to leave the Premier League, but in Europe there are other top leagues.
'The economic aspect is important, but when there is one of the biggest clubs in the world, you should also consider other things.'
Adebayor had an indifferent first season at Eastlands, scoring just 14 goals in 31 appearances.

It is possible that he has been unsettled by his club's interest in Liverpool's Fernando Torres, Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko and Inter Milan's Mario Balotelli this summer.
But with 19-year-old Balotelli the only likely addition to their strikers, City would not consider letting the 26-year-old go just a week before the new Premier League season kicks off.
Adebayor has played in all five pre-season games so far, and City maintain that he is an important part of their plans.
Club sources pointed out that it is unlikely the player would have been handed the prestigious No 9 shirt if manager Roberto Mancini intended to sell him.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300691/Manchester-City-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor-admits-Id-play-Juventus.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0vlkX5yuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0vlkX5yuk</a>

Re: oh dear Ade, you didn't really say that did you?

Although I would hate ade to leave and I don't think 14 in 31 league games is a bad record for a first year in a new team that itself hadn't settled there are some positives if I'm reading between the lines correctly it means that at least one deal for a striker is done and that striker is going to be a starter so could this be an ever clearer indicator than even tolmie that the balotelli deal is done lol or is ade now tolmies spokesman?

I know i'll get slated for this, but as it stand, club for club, moving from Man City to Juventus is a step up and the only thing that will change that is a continuous flow of silverware. Perhaps Ade shouldn't have said that, if he did, but the 'there are other big clubs in Europe' comment is true if infact he's comparing us to Juve. I hope he stays though.

So he's not prepared to fight it out for a place in the team. He'd rather be the main man knowing he would be a regular without having to give 100%. Hope this is just media crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.