Afghanistan, sack it!!!

der-bomber said:
buzzer1 said:
Ive heard this term before, but dont know what it means, but whats a Crap Hat?

Someone serving with perceived elite Units within the Britsh Army ,ie Parachute Regiment/Airborne (Maroon Beret) or Commando Forces (Green Beret) may use it as as a means of insulting Soldiers from other Units who wear a different coloured beret.

Personally, l was part of 3 Commando Brigade Reconnaisance Force, so was both Commando and Parachute trained, but never liked the 'Crap hat' mentality, as there are plenty of fine soldiers who are happy with their lot and do a good job regardless.

And, db I'm sure you'll agree, the ribbing that goes on between all branches of the Armed Forces is genuinely good natured. Everyone realises that everyone else has got their job to do & their lives may depend upon them doing their job well.

(Hope that sentence wasn't too complicated for a pongo to understand).

Aye, Cheesy ,you are right, banter and pisstaking is part and parcel of forces culture and long may it continue.

People tell me l have mellowed with age, as l used to be a right fiery so and so and used to enjoy nothing more than instigating a good old-fashioned bar room brawl usually in some godforsaken outpost or shithole. The best, actually was against the Rocks at Airport Camp, Belize. Blokes would knock ten bells out of each other then it would all blow over and everyone would be bezzers and carry on drinking.

der-bomber said:
Aye, Cheesy ,you are right, banter and pisstaking is part and parcel of forces culture and long may it continue.

People tell me l have mellowed with age, as l used to be a right fiery so and so and used to enjoy nothing more than instigating a good old-fashioned bar room brawl usually in some godforsaken outpost or shithole. The best, actually was against the Rocks at Airport Camp, Belize. Blokes would knock ten bells out of each other then it would all blow over and everyone would be bezzers and carry on drinking.
Belize= Rose Garden:)

Been in a few meself lads,fook me,don't know how we got away with half the shit we did.Great days,always had the wind up with other units,very rarely got too messy,remember a few broken bones but nothing drastic.

Never was called a hat either.

Never was called a hat either.[/quote]house a few times

I know our kids mates have stayed at our house a few times(early 1980s), and they were absolute nutters, but true gents. They came from Cumbria mostly, and from what i remember, there was a lad from Skem. and Lancaster, and i was only about 8yrs old, but they were defo very, very handy chaps. The Kings Own Border.

ZOpBU.jpg

Damocles said:

Except that it wasnt "a small bunch of rogue Yanks", it was the Arabs themselves and they used it to justify slaughter in Canada and the west in general. Only imo though!!!! Nice post btw Dam.

just been in the garden , and my next door neighbour has just told me her step son is in royal oldham hospital ( just been transferred up from birmingham ) with some severe injuries . he was on patrol in northern helmand on sunday and his patrol was hit by a I.E.D . in his patrol was the lad from Mossley who sadly died from his injuries .
her step son is only 19 . hope he makes a full recovery . my neighbours in bits .

i came inside and waited to tell the missus , after she got off the phone . after i told her she said our neighbour on the other side of our house has just been diagnosed with swine flu .

bit of a mad 10 minutes .

Stuart said:
just been in the garden , and my next door neighbour has just told me her step son is in royal oldham hospital ( just been transferred up from birmingham ) with some severe injuries . he was on patrol in northern helmand on sunday and his patrol was hit by a I.E.D . in his patrol was the lad from Mossley who sadly died from his injuries .
her step son is only 19 . hope he makes a full recovery . my neighbours in bits .

i came inside and waited to tell the missus , after she got off the phone . after i told her she said our neighbour on the other side of our house has just been diagnosed with swine flu .

bit of a mad 10 minutes .

Sorry about that Stu.

i remember the day he got in . he was absolutely buzzing . i'll speak to her tomorrow . when he's fit enough , i'll go up and see him .
he always came across as a quiet lad . been brought up correctly with manners . never any trouble . last couple of times we saw him , you could tell he seemed more confident in himself .
i hope he pulls through both physically and mentally .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.