Aguero: I can fulfil my ambitions with Man City

grandsolo

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/87271/default.aspx

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero says that he decided to join the Blues over other top European clubs was because he believes they can help him fulfil his ambitions.

Speaking in the November 2011 issue of FourFourTwo – out now – the Argentine international, linked with Real Madrid and Juventus over the summer, confirmed that there was other interest in his services, but that it was the potential at the Etihad Stadium outfit that excited him the most.

“Yes, there were offers,” the 23-year-old told FourFourTwo. “Why did I choose City? This is a team that is growing a lot, with a lot of good players. We are building a good side, it’s a type of team that suits me, and here I feel I can win trophies.

“I think we are going to do important things. They were the most important factors: it is a team that is on the way up and I can fulfil my ambitions here.”

The £38 million signing from Atletico Madrid also credited his international team-mate Pablo Zabaleta, who continually pestered him to put pen to paper with Roberto Mancini’s side.

“During the Copa America he [Zabaleta] kept asking me if I was coming or not, every day. And when I could tell him that I was, he was really happy,” he says.

“He comes round to my house every couple of days with his girlfriend, or we go to their house. He is really happy in Manchester.”

Aguero, who netted 74 league goals for Atletico after arriving from Independiente in 2006, has already scored eight goals in the first seven league matches for City, who currently lie second in the Premier League table, behind neighbours and defending champions Manchester United on goal difference alone.

“During the Copa America he [Zabaleta] kept asking me if I was coming or not, every day. And when I could tell him that I was, he was really happy,” he says.

“He comes round to my house every couple of days with his girlfriend, or we go to their house. He is really happy in Manchester.”

Love you Zabba.

grandsolo said:

Du du du, Pablo Zabaleta.

Zabba is my hero, he helped get Aguero and will probably help get rid of Tevez.

Out of all our current players, Zab is the one I'd like to see work at City for life. I know it's early days but I hope they line up a job for him when he hangs up his boots. He is a credit to himself and the club and the sort of player that you want the academy lads looking up to.
He loves the club, the fans and the City and the feeling is very much reciprocated by City fans.
Good to here Sergio is happy here too. Makes such a change from the sulking and disrespect shown by Tevez.

stony said:
Out of all our current players, Zab is the one I'd like to see work at City for life. I know it's early days but I hope they line up a job for him when he hangs up his boots. He is a credit to himself and the club and the sort of player that you want the academy lads looking up to.
He loves the club, the fans and the City and the feeling is very much reciprocated by City fans.
Good to here Sergio is happy here too. Makes such a change from the sulking and disrespect shown by Tevez.

It also helped that we could pay the transfer fee. :P

Thank you, Zab! Zab could be starting every weekend for a club like Liverpool or Arsenal and even the top Italian clubs. But he chooses to remain here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.