Album of the day - Gun (Taking On The World)

BlueHammer85

XXX-270245.jpg

Taking on the World is the debut album from Scottish rock band Gun. The single 'Better days', taken from this album charted in the UK top 40.

"Better Days", "Inside Out", "Money (Everybody Loves Her)", "Taking On the World" and "Shame On You" all currently receive regular airplay on Scotland's 96.3 Rock Radio due to the station's support of Gun's reunion in 2007.

In September 2010, the album was included in Classic Rock magazine's list of the 150 Greatest Debut Albums of All Time.

1. Better Days
2. Feeling Within
3. Inside Out
4. Money (Everybody Loves Her)
5. Taking On the World
6. Shame on You
7. Can't Get Any Lower
8. Something to Believe In
9. Girls in Love
10. I Will Be Waiting

Gun, a band i had never heard of produced this debut Album in 1989 - Songs with good emotive lyrics, melodies and guitar solo's, Whilst there is a 80's sound of a cross between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard, enough to put you off! - this still maintains a genuine rock sound, 'Better Days' there biggest hit and the ballad 'Taking On The World' are the best tracks on here, it is surprising and a shame they never made it big after this.

7.3/10

Never heard of them but "a cross between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard" is enough to make me spew my fucking guts up at half six in the morning.
Cheers, you twat.

I am now convinced @BlueHammer85 is a serial killer and takes one CD as a trophy from each of his victims. Reviewing them on here is part of his 'kill ritual'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.